Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bloated pots preflop/hand selection

jackmiller Posts: 15Subscriber
I

Comments

• chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    +1 !!
  • WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber
  • jackmiller Posts: 15Subscriber
    I don't believe I got the message out on topic I selected. I play in a game that usually has 1-4 lag rich guys that are really good at applying preflop pressure. That is their strengh preflop but terrible post flop. The game plays big for me with people winning and losing 10k + regularly. I'm just struggling with preflop hand selection in and out of position. I find myself constantly calling with what I think are good hands but whiffing. It's easy to lose 500 just seeing flops and with these guys it's a gamble fest and feel as if my whole stack is in play anytime I see a flop.
    I also wanted to mention that the game plays 10-11 handed. I'm just seeking advice on what hands to play.
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited February 2014
    if there's a lot of preflop raising/3betting just jam hands like AAxx/KKxx/BBBB/AK75ds with A-high and K-high suit
    What is bbbb?
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited February 2014
    4 broadway cards
    Thank you for your input. Playing tonight round of hi and Hilo. One of the biggest spots in town is pmaying. I will let you know how it goes
    One more question. What is the value of a suited ace with two broadway cards. A5bb or a589 ?
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    You're asking about hi only, right?
    I would say position is a big factor in whether to play those hands. I would probably limp with A5sBB and fold the A589 in early position and maybe limp both in late position, with the option to open raise the broadway hand if I'm first in in LP (haha - yeah right for live plo).
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    If we're talking about bloated pots preflop, I'm assuming that when when we see the flop, the SPR isn't that large.  In that case, we want hands that are strong in terms of absolute hand strength not hands that are extremely playable in position.  So ya, big pairs, broadway rundowns, nut suits, etc.