Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Worth a flip?

TJ Posts: 239Subscriber
1/2 PLO with a $5 bring in (so essentially 1/2/5), 400 effective.

UTG makes it 15, Hero (UTG+2) raises to 50 with KQJTssdd, call, call, call, BB ships for 400, UTG calls, Hero?

I understand this is not the greatest of hands, but I'm wondering if the odds dictate a call.  There is currently 1000 in the pot, hero has to call 350.  There are 3 people yet to act, of course, but a call puts them all in.  Assuming they all call, it's 350 to win 2150. If they don't, the pot is smaller, but there are less people to beat.

I guess it comes down to this: Is KQJT double suited worth a multi way flip?

Comments

• chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Ummmmmm...........let's see here.

FUCK YES

(is this a serious thread ? I think it's a level. )
  • TJ Posts: 239Subscriber
    Lol, No, it was a serious question. I've never had a bankroll such that I could play high variance spots like this- in the past I just folded because it was "too much money".
    You're giving away money by folding this hand. You have the nuts ( for a multi way pot). I would be salivating to get it in here.
    If you don't want high variance , don't play plo.
  • TJ Posts: 239Subscriber
    Oh, no, I love the variance now that I can afford the swings. And I did indeed get it in. Just wanted to know if it was donkish.
  • WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber

Your hand is the nuts multi-way (as Chili said above). You still have 30% equity against AAJTds and AAKKds (even if one of your suits is dominated). Snap get it in here

• JCW Posts: 591Subscriber
    I would beat the original shover into the pot.  He would say, "Al..." and I would push my chips in saying "...In"
  • YoungGrinder Posts: 210Subscriber
    JCW said:
    I would beat the original shover into the pot.  He would say, "Al..." and I would push my chips in saying "...In"

Well said, as would I.
  • Dusty Posts: 233Subscriber
    If we were deeper this would be a fist pump snap raise All In if possible. This is a MONSTER HAND please never fold. I understand that PLO is a high variance game, and it takes a larger roll to play properly, so the real question you should be asking is if I am properly rolled to play this game and if not rebuild then sit down and snap ship hands/situations like this!