Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Real time 20-40 at Commerce

BartBart Posts: 5,819AdministratorLeadPro
Sitting in 20-40 right now waiting for 10-20NLHE.

I started with 2k, down to 1700. 6 handed. Kenny tran opens to 120 in CO I flat with A A T 6 on Bttn -- couple of squeezers in the blinds -- sb and bb call. T 4 2 flop. Checked to Kenny he bets 400. Do u go with it?

Bart

Comments

• khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    If you really think the blinds will squeeze OOP then I don't hate flatting, but in general at an aggressive 6-max table, you should be 3-betting tons of hands on the button, so not 3-betting here seems bad.

Once you get to the flop, you have the A and given the otherwise relatively dry and low texture of that board, I think you have some reasonable fold equity so I don't hate the shove. And yes, a blocker to TT.

Still, 4-handed it's probably a little optimistic to think it's going to get through that often, and assuming the players are competent, they are going to be adjusting their ranges and calling off lighter 6-max.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,819AdministratorLeadPro
    edited February 2014
    Why do I feel like you edited my post to include the suits icons?

Bart
  • AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 747Administrator
    edited February 2014
    Bart said:
    Why do I feel like you edited my post to include the suits icons?

Bart
    Don't make fun for people suffering from OCD.

Plus, it makes the hand easier to read.
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited February 2014
    Bart is only ~40bbs deep so he shouldnt actually be 3b that many hands, i think 3b AA here is good though.
    edited February 2014
    Aesah said:
    Bart is only ~40bbs deep so he shouldnt actually be 3b that many hands, i think 3b AA here is good though.
    I'm assuming a reasonably aggressive dynamic at a 6-max table. You're right, though, a "ton" as a mentioned would be a tad too much @ 40bb effective. Unless he wanted to gambooooool.

Let's revise that down to... you should be 3-betting more hands than just bad aces on the button in an aggressive (thus light openers) 6-max game, so you should be 3-betting here. Helps to get the SPR closer to a pot size shove on the flop, too.

Anyway, I agree, he should buy in deeper, and be topping off. :lol:
    Your thoughts on his ship on the flop, Don?
    edited February 2014
    As played I think its the best line on the flop and really not that close.
    Aesah said:
    I think someone who's name rhymes with "hymen" thought it was a fold on the flop because Tran isn't showing up light in that spot.
    edited February 2014
    Depends a lot on SB/BB but we're not gonna have much better flops very often, and he will feel priced in with any overpair vs. us
  • jk3a Posts: 46Subscriber
    Aesah said:
    Depends a lot on SB/BB but we're not gonna have much better flops very often, and he will feel priced in with any overpair vs. us
    Have not played with kenny but I'm doubtful that he has naked overpairs in his range, also not sure if you're even implying that he does.

That said, I think getting it in is fine/close and can be "shown" by assuming that between the $400 betting range and the other 2 players we rarely have FE here and are effectively getting about 1.3:1, needing 43% or so to breakeven.

(obv overly simplistic, but a decent starting point imo)

ProPokerTools Odds Oracle Results (2.26 Professional)

Board - Ts4c2c

600000 trials (randomized)

All-in Equity

chart

QQ+:cc:40%, TT:25%,A35:20%,356:20% (expanded villain range)

• AbeLimonAbeLimon Posts: 860Member
    khalwat said:
    Aesah said:
    I think someone who's name rhymes with "hymen" thought it was a fold on the flop because Tran isn't showing up light in that spot.
    ya. before hearing any results i told bart it was a fold and not close. i also thought pre was a raise. i would actually min raise. to be fair my advice was based specifically on kenny and how i know he plays.
    edited February 2014
    AbeLimon said:
    ya. before hearing any results i told bart it was a fold and not close. i also thought pre was a raise. i would actually min raise. to be fair my advice was based specifically on kenny and how i know he plays.
    That's something I know nothing about (how Kenny Tran plays). Makes sense, given that info. I'm still for a 3-bet pre in this spot though, for the reasons stated.
  • AbeLimonAbeLimon Posts: 860Member
    khalwat said:
    AbeLimon said:
    That's something I know nothing about (how Kenny Tran plays). Makes sense, given that info. I'm still for a 3-bet pre in this spot though, for the reasons stated.
    yes. when i said min raise i meant pre not on the flop.

• DavidTuchman Posts: 786Pro
    I'm so bad at PLO ... my brain hurts