Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

5/10 PLO opening with a tight image

khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
So I sat down, and as I always do, I played very tight for the first few orbits, both to get reads on the players, and also to establish a nitty image.

Then it was folder to me in MP with T 9 8 6 With my tight image (this was actually the first hand I played), I figured I could get a lot of folds and buy the button with reasonably frequency, and I can also rep a lot of hands given my presumably tight opening range.

The button (who was a splashy semi-fish) called, and both of the blinds called.

($140 pot) Board: 9 7 2

It's checked to me, and because I'm a luckbox, I flop a pair and a wrap and backdoor diamonds. I bet $110 into $140. Everyone folds, except the SB, who calls.

($360 pot) Board: 9 7 2 K

Hero?
Tagged:

Comments

• AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    stacks, reads

but typically betting
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    Aesah said:
    stacks, reads

but typically betting
    Started the hand 100bb effective. Was relatively new to the table, so no real reads, except that I had seen him bet/fold before, and he seemed somewhat loose-passive preflop. Except when he had double suited aces.
    Aesah said:
    stacks, reads

but typically betting
    Your thoughts on opening that hand in MP with a tight image?
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    Standard :)
    edited February 2014
    Aesah said:
    Standard :)
    100% agreed (obviously, since I did it). I think we need hands like this in our opening range, and they do have good absolute equity too. But if we have a tight image, we can't just be opening AAxx, KKxx, high suited rundowns, etc. if we expect to get paid off.

We also can rep aces very well, and barrel people off.
  • Dusty Posts: 233Subscriber
    seems like a good spot to continue - although the turn is not a complete brick as the V can pick up a K to go with his 9, or TJQ8 improves, or floated KKxx, then this looks like a good barrel card and if money goes in your most likely against a made hand and have equity to call/draw.