Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Nut flush draw multi way- big pot - do you call?

napncrash Posts: 177Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Here we go!

You have A2ss on button.

One noticeably active/loose/aggressive/shitbird player, one bad player, then a few plain old nobodys at this table. No point iso raising and barreling. Value town. Patience and value.

Super active shit bird raises to 20 EP. Almost everyone calls. You call.

($180) Ts 7c 5s

BB open ships for $116. Original raiser (shitbird) makes it $400. Random guy to my right (who has been battling for the last half hour with the shitbird in big pots BOTH with weak hands) ships for $1300.

You have $492 left in front. Action to you.

Comments

• LarryLido Posts: 52Member
    Assuming you call and the guy who bet $400 calls AI for $100 more, you're calling about $500 to win a $1300 side pot. To properly draw to a flush you need 4-1 pot odds. You're getting less than 3-1. So this is a no way. Fold. Also, even if you we're getting 4-1 exactly here I'd still fold since it looks like some of your flush outs are taken, not to mention the FH redraws. With no implied odds to consider, I'm not even sure if you should call getting 5-1, but I probably would...
  • napncrash Posts: 177Subscriber
    LarryLido said

Assuming you call and the guy who bet $400 calls AI for $100 more, you're calling about $500 to win a $1300 side pot. To properly draw to a flush you need 4-1 pot odds. You're getting less than 3-1. So this is a no way. Fold. Also, even if you we're getting 4-1 exactly here I'd still fold since it looks like some of your flush outs are taken, not to mention the FH redraws. With no implied odds to consider, I'm not even sure if you should call getting 5-1, but I probably would...
    This is all on the flop, not the turn. Two remaining cards to come.
  • Looks like we would be getting about $500 for $1340 here. On the fly its about 2.75 : 1 or 1/3.75= .2666 equity.

Absolute worse case scenario is that you are up against a set and another flush draw. I stoved a pretty complex range of hands on this one and got to about 28% equity. It is pretty close but I actually like to gamble in this spot as if you do scoop it does wonders to your image.

Bart
  • UntreatableFPS Posts: 1,004Subscriber
    I say "Hit me!" and ship my stack in. For the reasons that Bart said. Also, considering the dynamics of the game, you might actually have a lot more equity than you're supposed to if nobody has better than one pair.

Multi-way, I'm not folding NFD.
    I thought for a bit and figured, with regular dynamics, it's very close, but with these dynamics, who the hell knows. Short stack could have anything, raiser could have almost anything, and big shipper has SOMETHING but who knows what.

I shipped it in.

Short stack open shipped with a set of fives. Preflop raiser had 63ss. Big shipper had a set of sevens with a spade.

Turn gave me the nut flush and the preflop raiser his own flush, but then the river brought a fourth spade so the set of sevens got there for the side pot.
  • WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber
    napncrash said

Short stack open shipped with a set of fives. Preflop raiser had 63ss. Big shipper had a set of sevens with a spade.

Turn gave me the nut flush and the preflop raiser his own flush, but then the river brought a fourth spade so the set of sevens got there for the side pot.
    But we have the nut flush? It's impossible for the board to pair with runner runner spades, so shouldn't we have taken down like a $1800 pot? Or are you saying that there were two side pots? One main with ~650, side with ~1150, and second side between 63ss and 77s for ~1600?
    I had a little over 532 to start the hand. My PROFIT in the hand was around 1300. The pot was about 1800 total WITH my stack.

The set of 77 and the 63ss were both way deeper than me. I had only been playing 45 min or so with only a small bit of action.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    So basically what you're saying is that you won the most you possibly could have and someone else won the rest of the money that u had no claim to? Bummer.
    :)