Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

value owning river 5/5 PLO

jersey716 Posts: 3Member
this hand was at 5/5 PLO at Maryland l!ve. $10 straddle, folds to me in cutoff, I raise to 30 w KK56 1 suit, called by bb and straddle. bb is a fish playing 90% of hands who recently got it in w an 8 high flush on1099A board, straddle is a straight forward recreational reg whos not very good. flop K710 all hearts, checks thru to me and i check behind w top set
-I bet this flop in most spots, but I think fish will stab a lot of turns w weak hands and bluffs if I check.

turn is 7 giving hero top full, villain checks and reg bets 60 into 90, I flat, villain makes it 150, reg folds, I flat

-sizing doesn't feel like a bluff in this spot, his range is anywhere from any flush to quads, I don't want to blow him off a flush or a 7s full

river 4 of hearts, villain leads 300 into 450, has 850 effective back....obv value raise spot right!?

Comments

• TJ Posts: 239Subscriber
    If this guy got it in with an 8 high flush on a paired board and is playing 90% of hands, I snap ship my whole bankroll here.
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    ^ raise. Puke when he has quads, the other 90% of the time, take the money to the bank. Assuming he calls.
  • jersey716 Posts: 3Member
    TJ said:
    If this guy got it in with an 8 high flush on a paired board and is playing 90% of hands, I snap ship my whole bankroll here.
    Agree.
    So i put him in for 1150, he snaps w 77xx for quads.

Vs other opponents that aren't calling w 7s full here I have to consider just calling, but am prob still raising becuz 1010 is more likely.

So vs this opponent I am never not raising and this is just a cooler right?

• khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    @jersey716 that's gross that you ran into the top of his range. But it's pretty clear from how you described him that he's going broke with far, far worse in that spot.
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited March 2014
    I think there's like a 0% chance you post this hand if you win because deep down you know it's a really easy decision. Don't sweat it bro
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    To me, this only becomes a real hand to discuss if you're $10k deep. Against this guy it is a snap river raise all day. In fact, your opponent would have to be the nittiest of nits to consider not raising. C'mon guy.