Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Unicorn

Collecting_Tax Posts: 177Subscriber
edited March 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5nl
$1100 effective
Mandatory $10 minimum button straddle
5 handed game

Villain- 30 something Greek pizza shop owner. Total maniac. Playing about 95% of hands. 90% of those hands he is playing blind until post flop and then about 45% of the time continuing to bet or call blind post flop. Typically would finally look at what his hand was on any turn action and then make his final decision. His standard opens were 5x+. He is into the game for about 6k at this point. Unable to fold, over plays draws, degenerate gambler type.

Hero- tight winning image

Button straddles $10
SB folds
Villain in BB raises to $60 blind
Hero next to act calls with A Q
CO calls
Button calls

($240) K Q 4

Villain bets $250 blind
Hero looks to his left and sees the button already ready to muck(non angle) and CO does not seem all that interested either.
Hero calls
CO folds
Button folds

($740) 6

Villain does his usual "well I guess I gotta look now" speech, checks his hole cards, looks at the board and says all in. $800 to call
Hero?

Ok so I know the first comments are going to be 3bet pre for value. This is 100% good advice and I almost did. The game flow at this point though was me iso'ing him a lot with small thin value 3bets and he was starting to get agitated and play back with 4bet shoves of $1000. Also, a large % of the time his large opens once called in a spot would end up heads up. I knew that if I flatted he was going to bombs away 100% of flops ect... But with two players left to act this May be superseded. Idk

Comments

• DrGambol Posts: 724Subscriber
    If he's raising 6x over a straddle blind, I'd 3 bet for value.
  • Tyrith Posts: 353Subscriber
    If you're rolled for it, don't you want to get it in for 1k with this guy with AQs?

As played, his turn bet seems pretty polarizing. Is he psycho enough to do this with a hand like KT? Bankroll also plays into it again; if I could take the hit, I think you need to call getting almost 2:1.
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    I hear Bart likes unicorns!
  • Collecting_Tax Posts: 177Subscriber
    Tyrith said:
    If you're rolled for it, don't you want to get it in for 1k with this guy with AQs?

As played, his turn bet seems pretty polarizing. Is he psycho enough to do this with a hand like KT? Bankroll also plays into it again; if I could take the hit, I think you need to call getting almost 2:1.
    In short, yes I do. I think ultimately the optimal line here is to 3bet pre for value and call off.

As played, He 100% is capable of doing this with Kx but all naked flush draws as well as Qx and JT are also in his range.