Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Interesting river 5/5 hustler 300-1000

ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
edited March 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I overlimp vs two limpers w 64hh i am in co. 6 way pot. Effective stacks against villains is about 1000

Flop Q37 hhh. Ch to me i bet 30. Sb calls and very tight typical plyr calls

Turn jc. Ch to me i bet 75. Both call.

River 8c. Now sb bets 150. Next plyr folds.

This villain is a reg and I have seen him make this play w some unusual holdings. Do u call raise or fold?

Comments

• HRATMSU Posts: 42Subscriber
    It's a call or fold. If you raise he has to have a set to call and then he might still fold.
  • LJUBOMIRSUBOTIC Posts: 1Member
    Definitely just a call or fold.
    You have to call 150 to win 500. He might be doing this with like Jh8x, Q8. Occasionally he will show you the nuts.
    You have to win 1 out of 4.5 times in this spot to break even. I would call.
    Result please ?
  • floppedawheel Posts: 1,063Subscriber
    edited March 2014
    i would not lean toward a fold, although the nut flush would be played this way. any other flush you'd have heard from by now, so the number of flushes he could have is limited. just can't see folding with these odds. a raise would be suicidal, you're not going to get called by worse having taken a bet/bet/raise line post flop.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    So I gave a pretty big hint that this is a spot which is very villain specific. The villain in the hand is a regular at Hustler.. He has played there for as long as I can remember.. That said he does some weird shit on the river that I just dont get. I guess against fish it might work but given I have seen him do this exact play with WAY LESS than a flush AND he was in the blinds I am never folding.. NEVER!

So now its just a question of could I get called by worse if I raise.. I have bet flop big bet turn pretty big.. Was actually planning on betting around 130 on the river.. He had about 400 left.. So If I shipped would two pair or a set call me?

maybe someone else but not me.. at least I dont think so.. His bet was almost like a block bet but one that made it hard for me to raise him unless I had a nutty hand..

So I called.. He had pocket 7s.. he flopped a set.. I bet he was planning on check raising the flop but when I bet I think he went with plan b.. or maybe he just feels when he is beat that he loses the minimum when he plays the c/c c/c lead line.. I dunno.

I was actually very tempted to ship it.. but in the end I just wasnt sure if he would have called me.. I also think having the third very tight straightforward player in the hand.. I thought for sure he had the Ah.. so that also helps me as well because if the villain really did have a flush he would want to get the Ah draw out and I think would have raised way earlier in the hand..

ww
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited March 2014
    Good thoughts Wendy. I would lean towards just calling, unless you think villain is like within like the top 5% of worst 5-5 regs in LA then you can ship lol
  • fishcake Posts: 937Subscriber
    Call. Wp.
    Aesah said:
    Good thoughts Wendy. I would lean towards just calling, unless you think villain is like within like the top 5% of worst 5-5 regs in LA then you can ship lol
    Yeah.. this guy wasnt that person.. I think he wins a little in the game.. after this hand he changed tables..ha ha :lol:

It was so hard.. I WANTED so badly to ship.. but i really dont think he would have called me. that third player in the hand was SO important. I knew that guy had the Ah and because of this it made it so much harder for villain to have a flush because he would want to raise to get the Ah out. He didnt.. so he cant have a flush.. I think he just wasnt sure if I had the flush. If I had say tp with a good flush draw then his bet on the river is for value..

ww
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    In the spirit of limon's podast re 2hat's KK hand:

Why hasn't anyone suggested to min raise river to like $320 and then fold to a river 3bet? People at 5/5 are not spazz bluff shoving (or value raising worse). In fact I submit that he would close to 100% have the nut flush (maybe up to 3-4% K flush, and 2-3% Ah blocker bluff) if he 3bet vs hero.
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,391Subscriber
    What would you have done he barreled the river for like 300?
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    chilidog said:

Why hasn't anyone suggested to min raise river to like $320 and then fold to a river 3bet?
    I think it's close to impossible for Wendy to get called by worse by someone who is a small winner if she raises this river
    Chili he only had 400 left before his
    River bet. I can only ship or call. If he was deeper than sure i could have min raised
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    I was just going by the stacks sizes listed in the op, which says $1000.