Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Low SPR AA hand

AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
OK Bart asked me to post this hand that happened a few days ago from memory, so details may be a bit off, just go with this. In fact I dont even know what hand he has except AA9x.

V1: Action guy playing 100/80, straddling 100% and potting if it's limped to him 100%. Covers
V2: Fishy rec player playing 40/5. $1350 effective stack
V3: LATB Jeff Dobie. Should have a reasonable range in this spot.
V4: Another big action guy, very young businessman playing 70/30. $4500 effective stack
Hero: Bart Hanson. Perceived as solid, should have AAxx ALOT here given action pre. $5500 effective stack

V1 for $25 in LP, V2 flats in blinds, V3 makes it $75 from UTG+1, Hero flats UTG+2,V4 makes $175, V1 flats, V2 flats, V3 flats, Hero pots it pre to $1050, V4 flats, V1 flats, V2 jams all in for $1350, V3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop T93r, pot $5400
Hero checks, V3 jams, V1 jams, hero folds.

~~~

IMO easy jam with SPR < 1 on this flop vs. guys with really wide ranges. Against good, tight players you can potentially hero fold your 2 outs since they'll have middle rundowns very often, but here all villains are just way too wide to ever fold.

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,926AdministratorLeadPro
    edited March 2014
    Yeah,

My lack of experience and 6 glass of wine in with Limon got be lost in this spot--although I learned a valuable lesson. The FLOP was T95r 1 diamond actually not sure that that changes anything much. I got lost a little in Don's explanation of the villains but one of the guys is Jeremiah the king of the LA home games and the other guy seemed super tilty and wide. Board ran out 9 3 and the guy to my left wins with with 9674 with seven hi diamonds. I had Ad 9d 2c As preflop.

I dont even know what the exact action was pre but post flop the pot was $5400, I had $4500 in my stack, Jeremiah covered on the button and the guy to my left had $2500. We also had one guy all in for the main. I was talking to Don about how big my mistake was in terms of real money $$ and he said probably less than 5%--LOL PLO as I would have scooped a 15K pot.

Bart
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    The fish "shortstack" had KJJTss.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Bart -
    Did you forget how to type for a bit there. Glad you're back to normal now.

Also, nice game Orangemen. Oh wait they lost to a team that hasn't made a sweet 16 since 1984.
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    T95r is slightly worse but doesn't really change much given that a 6, 7, or 8 already complete a straight regardless of what the bottom card is.
  • Dusty Posts: 233Subscriber
    so should Bart be folding or snapping the shove here in our opinion? Not being results oriented, but should we even be potting 20% of our stack here and hope for a good flop which most likely will be multi way?

It seems to me in a crazy game like this, play ALL our pairs (well that we play, maybe JJ or QQ+) for set value? Unless we are limp/call/ re-potting other hands than only AA we should not pot AA as our hand is super face up? Right?
  • daniel9861 Posts: 207Subscriber
    It's been a while since I played PLO but when you get 20% of your stack in pre with AA you gotta bet/stack off on all but the worst boards.
    My general rule of thumb was 40% of effective stacks in pre with AAxx to "blindly" stack off post. (On most flops exluding the worst flops for our hand)
  • Sdgrinder Posts: 18Subscriber
    I'm getting it in.
    BDFD adds about 4%, right?
    I think the back raise 4bet is not advisable in this spot tho , with several players already having shown interest in this pot. I think id rather nut-mine here (flat the 3bet) as opposed to check folding most flops after putting in >$1k pre. The nature of plo tries to force post flop play -- just play better than them!