Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Limon Show No.12: Limons Grab Bag IV

BartBart Posts: 5,949AdministratorLeadPro
edited April 2014 in The Limon Show podcast
This week Limon dives into another set of random questions regarding the poker world from the Crush Live Poker forums and emails. Episode posts at 2PM ET.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/limons-grab-bag-IV

Tagged:

Comments

• electricsheep Posts: 169Subscriber
    Please tell the jackpot story!
  • Lownstarr Posts: 268Subscriber
    "I'm a hooker with a heart of gold."
  • pray4blank Posts: 135Subscriber
    Regarding the prop question/comment from this weeks grab bag, and last week:

I assume Abe is mainly referring to mid stakes and high stakes props when discussing them. I know where I work, and some other clubs in CA, props might be playing some really small stakes games with just rape-tastic drop. So I'd argue that If someone was a winning 8/16 or 1/2nl winner, that they could be in a prop job...propping some awful short handed small stakes limit games where it might be just about impossible to beat the rake. Picture 3 tight props and two mediocre regs who won't quit a 2/4 lhe game. They'd probably be in some +EV games too, but they'd really have to beat up on those to make up for awful spots they sometimes get put into.
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    Limon,

I had a question about prop betting at the table. You mentioned somewhere earlier (not this show, maybe the one from last week, not sure exactly) that you aren't degenerative at all, but yet you'll do $5,000 neutral-EV "flips" because it's great for your image. You mentioned that it's fine as long as it's within your bankroll.

What would constitute "within your bankroll" for neutral-EV flips? .1%? .5%? 1%? Larger?

Putting it in practical terms, let's say I have a $15,000 bankroll and I'm playing 100BB $2/5 NLHE, and a guy offers to play props (red/black, pick a card, etc.) and I want to do it with him to keep him entertained, break the boredom, appear more gambol gambol, whatever... How much should I be betting? $5 at a time? $10? $25?

Also, what are some of your favorite props to play at the table? Do you play "bonus hands" in your PLO game?

Thanks for the great material, Limon! I look forward to hearing the next installment every Monday!
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    Tell the Jackpot story, I haven't heard it.

Also, there WAS music last week dammit!
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    khalwat said:
    Tell the Jackpot story, I haven't heard it.

Also, there WAS music last week dammit!
    And this week too! Quit hating on Beethoven, khalwat!!! :lol:
  • NEO Posts: 46Subscriber
    Limon-

Can you please give us a list of different poker games that we should learn. Starting from most important to least important, in terms of profitability in today's games?

Also, a good starting point or resource on learning these games, considering the fact that only NLH and PLO are covered on this site.

Thanks.
  • AbeLimonAbeLimon Posts: 860Member
    NEO said:
    Limon-

Can you please give us a list of different poker games that we should learn. Starting from most important to least important, in terms of profitability in today's games?

Also, a good starting point or resource on learning these games, considering the fact that only NLH and PLO are covered on this site.

Thanks.
    nlh
    limit holdem
    plo
    limit 08
    stud
    stud 8
    2-7td

2p2 books are excellent starting point on all these games
  • the_glove Posts: 31Subscriber
    A+ episode (and stoppage time). Looking forward to the four-part series Road Trippin' with RoboCop.
  • RazaAli Posts: 13Member
    Show is great bro
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    When do I get to grab limon's bag?
    (I caddy in my spare time)
    chilidog said:
    When do I get to grab limon's bag?
    (I caddy in my spare time)
    get in line! (behind hammah)

• floppedawheel Posts: 1,063Subscriber
    edited April 2014
    i don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but was that a tone of derision in your voice when you said bart might be inserting depeche mode as your intro music? you have a problem with dave gahan and the boys? i might have to boycott the show for that. aaahh, who am i kidding, i would not enjoy the silence if my mondays were suddenly stripped of the limon show. you're not my personal jesus or anything, but i don't think i'm alone when i say i've developed a strangelove for your freaky style. i just can't get enough.
    floppedawheel said:
    i don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but was that a tone of derision in your voice when you said bart might be inserting depeche mode as your intro music? you have a problem with dave gahan and the boys? i might have to boycott the show for that. aaahh, who am i kidding, i would not enjoy the silence if my mondays were suddenly stripped of the limon show. you're not my personal jesus or anything, but i don't think i'm alone when i say i've developed a strangelove for your freaky style. i just can't get enough.
    thats dedication homes.

• floppedawheel Posts: 1,063Subscriber
    AbeLimon said:
    floppedawheel said:
    thats dedication homes.

uhh, you did see the six depeche mode titles embedded in there right? if not, a restraining order would probably be justified. just makin sure.

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,856Subscriber
    instead of calling running hot at the start a don ding, we should call that Pulling a Limon.

As a scotch drinker myself can we get reviews on different scotches along with the cigars?
    NEVERLEARN2 said:
    instead of calling running hot at the start a don ding, we should call that Pulling a Limon.

As a scotch drinker myself can we get reviews on different scotches along with the cigars?
    i just cant get into scotch. ive tried, but i dont find peet moss an appealing flavor characteristic.

• wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
    Dude your cigar smoking/puffing is sooo annoying....
    wildncrazyguy said:
    Dude your cigar smoking/puffing is sooo annoying....
    I knew my wife would open a gimmick account sooner or later. Hi honey!

by 1Fontane
  • Defacist Posts: 131Member
    At first I found the beverage and cigar "stoppage time" to be a bit annoying, but I've grown to like it. Because I'm a homo.