Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bluff failed. Hollywood fold?

k1fighter69 Posts: 4Subscriber
edited April 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
You make a bluff, get check/raised or whatever, and you know you have zero FE and SDV.

Do you hollywood fold or fold normally?

Comments

• DrGambol Posts: 724Subscriber
    Unless there is some legit psychological reason to Hollywood, you can take 3 seconds and fold. No reason to waste everyone's time.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,845Subscriber
    Fold fast for me.
  • k1fighter69 Posts: 4Subscriber
    I quickly fold for the same reason, to not waste everyone's time, but I was wondering what the others' thoughts are. Sometimes I feel like I'm giving away unnecessary information to the table when I quickly fold, especially when the pot is big.
    k1fighter69 said:
    I quickly fold for the same reason, to not waste everyone's time, but I was wondering what the others' thoughts are. Sometimes I feel like I'm giving away unnecessary information to the table when I quickly fold, especially when the pot is big.
    So you're afraid that your quick fold will give away information, the info is useful, your opponent will remember this info, and he will run into a similar situation to capitalize on it?

You should theoretically have bluffing range in every spot so it's not really very likely that you're giving anything up. The only time I can see a reason to Hollywood might be if you have some sort of tell that you give away when bluffing that you want to protect. So maybe you gave some big speech during your river bet then maybe you want to give the illusion that the speech was with a value hand that you don't want to call a check/shove with. But that is a dumb scenario that shouldn't really happen in the first place

• electricsheep Posts: 169Subscriber
    edited April 2014
    Just taking at least 10 seconds to fold won't waste too much time and will definitely have a significant psychological and strategic effect.

There were a few times when I folded a bluff and got commended for having discipline. Also in my games, no one really re-raise bluffs on the river so I guess it's good for them to know that I can have non-nutty hands in my range when I bet. Depending on my image, I can then exploit this accordingly
  • OminousCowOminousCow Posts: 702Subscriber
    I like to take my time to avoid missing re-bluff opportunities, but try to fold quickly besides that.
  • fishcake Posts: 962Subscriber
    Hate it when people take forever in situations like this. We already get so few hands per hour anyways.
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,399Subscriber
    You're not on tv. Just fold and be done with it.
    by 1ZeroJJ
  • UntreatableFPS Posts: 1,004Subscriber
    Don't overdo it like a fake "tournament pro", but if you were actually repping something that was supposed to fold given the action, then feel free to take several seconds.
  • Lownstarr Posts: 268Subscriber
    I often act like it's painful and take forever. More times than not, this is rewarded with being shown my opponents cards or being told what he had. Slowing the game down a bit to get more info ends up being +EV for me.
  • Snap fold. The fact you are not concerned about being caught shows a confidence level that unnerves some players. If I get called when I bluff I usually snap roll my hand over, not try to bury It in the muck.
    Lownstarr said:
    I often act like it's painful and take forever. More times than not, this is rewarded with being shown my opponents cards or being told what he had. Slowing the game down a bit to get more info ends up being +EV for me.
    Have you tried folding quickly and asking what they had? That works too.