Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

(Hand 2 of 3) Over pair facing heat

Collecting_Tax Posts: 177Subscriber
edited April 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5nl

$1000 effective

Villain- same villain as first hand. young, white, reg. spewy, FPS, sticky, loves to float.

Hero- good winning image but very active.

two limps
Villain limps in MP2
Hero in HJ raises to $35 with K K
folds to Villain who makes a face like he shouldn't really call but is going to anyway and then calls.(not sure how else to describe this face...maybe a wince.)

($80) T 5 3

Villain checks
Hero bets $60
Villain raises to $145
Hero calls

($370) 8

Villain bets $225
Hero calls

($820) 6

Villain bets $375
Hero?

Comments

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,086Subscriber
    If this guy is really sticky I would raise more preflop for value..

so the draws that came in are 24 and 74 is he raising on the flop with those other than combo draws?

what two pair hands could he have on flop he might raise like this? 53 is about it.. 8 is basically a brick and the 6 could have made his a pair of 6 if he is oe on the flop.. I am probably calling here on the river..

considering he was thinking of not calling I doubt he has a pair because a player like him is happy to call with a pair.. so then no sets.. what would a wince be? a bad SC for sure.. maybe a total junk hand like J5 or J4.. so those you might put a few combos in..

considering what I learned last week.. when a loose aggressive player bets you just have to discount the top of his range.. Especially if you have seen him make this play with as little as say top pair.. or a combo draw..

ww

• OminousCowOminousCow Posts: 702Subscriber
    I don't think you can fold this given the player description and how thin his value range is here (no sets, very few two pair combos).
  • Tyrith Posts: 353Subscriber
    Against this particular villain, I think you're forced to call down here. He could be telling himself that he has to bluff in order to make up for his spewy call pre-flop, even though he isn't repping much on the end.
  • Collecting_Tax Posts: 177Subscriber
    Yea i called and he turned over QQ like it was the stone cold nuts. This got me thinking, is this guy the total fish i think he might be or is he a sneaky genius that just ran into the top of my range after the set up hand labeled (hand 1 of 3) Am i nuts?
  • Collecting_Tax Posts: 177Subscriber
    I pose this question because i probably call him down much lighter as well. I mean what is my true hand equivalency with KK here? is it the same as AT??
  • Tyrith Posts: 353Subscriber
    Collecting_Tax said:
    Yea i called and he turned over QQ like it was the stone cold nuts. This got me thinking, is this guy the total fish i think he might be or is he a sneaky genius that just ran into the top of my range after the set up hand labeled (hand 1 of 3) Am i nuts?
    Well, that isn't what I expected...he accidentally merged his line here. I actually don't hate his post-flop line if he thinks you will call down with a single pair T...which you easily could have, since JT isn't fundamentally any different than KK here.

I think he is probably a thinking player that has some unexpected, really good lines in his bag of tricks. He also has a good number of lines that are just way too damn fancy. It makes him hard to play against, because he isn't predictable, but he is going to wind up being too aggressive in general.
  • fishcake Posts: 954Subscriber
    I'd call given the description of this villain, but I don't think this is an automatic call vs. most players. His flop raise is small and I wouldn't expect him to bet 3 streets with AT. A lot of the draws missed and he could have flatted with JJ-QQ pre. Sometimes I see a player look pained preflop and it's actually the opposite of what I think and they were considering a 3 bet.
  • DrGambol Posts: 724Subscriber
    I would call. Read my post in your first hand thread if you haven't yet. But basically I said defending K7 made no sense since you should have a lot better hands in your range to bluff with and OTR, to call with or bluff with.

On this hand, you have pretty close to the top of your range, so there's really no reason to fold against a spewy FPS guy. He could easily be getting fancy with worse value hands or as a crazy bluff. And if you made the call on the K7 hand,maybe he's value betting you very thinly and would make folding this a disaster.