Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

(Hand 3 of 3) River call?

Collecting_Tax Posts: 177Subscriber
edited April 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5nl

$1000 effective

Villain- same villain, young, white, reg, spewy, FPS, sticky, loves to float.

Hero- basically god mode at this point.

Hero opens UTG to $25 with K Q
Two calls
Villain calls in BB

($100) A K 9

Villain checks
Hero checks
check
check

($100) 8

Villain checks
Hero bets $65
folds to villain who calls

($230) 4

Villain leads $135
Hero?

Comments

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    well have you seen him bluff trying to rep the flush? the bet looks like a value bet so if he hasnt tried to rep a flush I might fold.. since I also dont beat a weak ace either.. If you have seen him bluff the front door flush then I would be inclined to call.. I dont think you can raise the river for value and I am not sure you would get an ace to fold..

ww
  • electricsheep Posts: 169Subscriber
    I think he leads with his flush draws and all his aces on the turn. He's probably turning a medium strength hand (weaker king) into a bluff by trying to represent the front door flush after he figures he's not really beating anything you bet on the turn when the 4♥ hits the river
    by 1Tyrith
  • Tyrith Posts: 353Subscriber
    electricsheep said:
    I think he leads with his flush draws and all his aces on the turn. He's probably turning a medium strength hand (weaker king) into a bluff by trying to represent the front door flush after he figures he's not really beating anything you bet on the turn when the 4♥ hits the river
    That, or he called with some crappy draw as a YOLO/reverse turn float/other stupid nonsense. He's got 27% of that, at least.
  • Collecting_Tax Posts: 177Subscriber
    electricsheep said:
    This is exactly what was going through my head at the time.
  • Defacist Posts: 131Member
    Now knowing the results of the other hand against this villain (when he bet turn with a FD and then bluffed the river when he didn't get there), I'm thinking call. He'll show up with a lot of crap that we beat.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    Call here without even seeing results of other hand. Just by your description his range is gonna hit the board if he is in a FD with some kind of combo draw. I would most def. expect a bet or raise when it does. Besides you checking flop makes your weakish anyways so he must think he can get you off a ton of hands with the rght scare card.
  • DrGambol Posts: 724Subscriber
    If he's very FPS and bluffy then I'd just call and take note. He should have enough weirdly played hands that we beat with these odds.

And huge +1 to electric sheep's hand reading analysis. The only thing I'd add in is that I can see him c/c a weak ace and leading river with it against someone who he thinks will delay cbet 2nd pair and check back river. So if he things hero will play his range face up like this, then maybe he can c/ c lead Ax vs hero. However, he will probably do this with other junk too and I wouldn't feel bad about getting owned by ace rag if he happened to have that.
  • Collecting_Tax Posts: 177Subscriber
    edited April 2014
    And I'm about to blow your minds. I called relatively quickly and he showed me 6h8h. So what is this guys deal?? Is he just clicking buttons or is he a level above me?
  • fishcake Posts: 937Subscriber
    No, that hand actually makes reasonable sense. He has some showdown value with the 8 in case you're betting some kind of semi bluff now on the turn yourself and he has a draw to go with it. He doesn't absolutely have to bet or raise the turn. I see this a lot even from "spewy" players. All that being said, I think the river is probably a profitable call given how villain played the hand.