Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Limon Show No.15: Fear and Driving From Las Vegas; A Roadside Companion to the WSOP Part 2

BartBart Posts: 5,725AdministratorLeadPro
edited April 2014 in The Limon Show podcast
This week Limon continues his epic roadside WSOP companion podcast as he interviews Brandon Uhl.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/fear-and-driving-from-las-vegas-a-roadside-companion-to-the-wsop-part-2
Tagged:

Comments

• TomArett Posts: 1Subscriber
    Finally!
  • YoungGrinder Posts: 210Subscriber
    This series is by far the funniest poker podcast ever.
  • John302 Posts: 6Member
    Please ask Brandon about playing in WSOP ladies event in 2012. After listening to the podcast I had to google Brandon and this is one of first things that comes up.
  • AbeLimonAbeLimon Posts: 860Member
    YoungGrinder said:
    This series is by far the funniest poker podcast ever.
    thanks man!
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,386Subscriber
    Thanks for affirming the flexibility of the Catholic Church Brandon
    by 1totsdtf
  • Defacist Posts: 131Member
    Another great one! In all honesty I think you are giving him some really great advice (except for tipping cute poker dealers $20, lol). I wonder if he'll actually learn from any of it? By the way the 60 does intersect with the 15. Can't wait for next week!
  • totsdtftotsdtf Posts: 156Subscriber
    brandon at 63 years of age selling signatures. i cant handle it
  • DonkieRon Posts: 577Subscriber
    Lol! Great directions. The 10 to the 60 to the 710. Lol! 60 and 10 run east to west and never merge or intersect.
    Autographs? Lol! Also my fans! Wtf!
    Same naive kid I met at Morogo couple years back. Claimed he was Phil Ivey of Morongo and his poker level was beyond reproach. Lol! Robo your the best
    I'm officially a fan. U and Limon are like Abbot and Castello. Take this act on the road. Pure comedy!
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    brandon i'm offended that you said you're 1 of a kind good moral poker player
  • WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber
    Drink one for every time that Brandon says "my poker mentor". Drink twice everytime Limon gives Brandon some solid peice of advice and Brandon says "yeah I see what you mean" when he clearly does not see what Limon means. Chug when Brandon says "my fans".

You'll be shitfaced in under 35 minutes
  • daaaaaaaa Posts: 11Member
    These make me feel a little guilty to listen to because he is clueless and limon is clearly f'ing with him. ..but so happy because it's hilarious and the transition from clueless to not clueless is the most important and difficult part of poker. . Especially when we already think were in the know
    Defacist said:
    Another great one! In all honesty I think you are giving him some really great advice (except for tipping cute poker dealers $20, lol). I wonder if he'll actually learn from any of it? By the way the 60 does intersect with the 15. Can't wait for next week!
    it was sorta a joke, but better than what hes "trying" now. i was saying he should save the money from bad dealers to tip cute dealers. he shouldnt give the whole 20 in one shot!
    daaaaaaaa said:
    These make me feel a little guilty to listen to because he is clueless and limon is clearly f'ing with him. ..but so happy because it's hilarious and the transition from clueless to not clueless is the most important and difficult part of poker. . Especially when we already think were in the know
    im actually attempting to give him good advice. i only fuck with him when he clearly rejects or doesnt accept the advice.
    DonkieRon said:
    Lol! Great directions. The 10 to the 60 to the 710. Lol! 60 and 10 run east to west and never merge or intersect.
    only strange high desert people know this stuff.

by 13aces
  • Defacist Posts: 131Member
    AbeLimon said:
    Defacist said:
    it was sorta a joke, but better than what hes "trying" now. i was saying he should save the money from bad dealers to tip cute dealers. he shouldnt give the whole 20 in one shot!
    Haha, yeah I know you were kidding but I think he thinks you're serious. He's probably not going to attract the girls with "morals and values" doing that. :lol:
  • daaaaaaaa Posts: 11Member
    AbeLimon said:
    daaaaaaaa said:
    im actually attempting to give him good advice. i only fuck with him when he clearly rejects or doesnt accept the advice.
    I wasn't clear but I do think your giving him good advice. .and in the proper way. You don't spoon feed him, you grind him with good questions that make him think..or at least they should. I'm enjoying it alot, but it's slightly uncomfortable sometimes..in a good way..like watching the first three seasons of the office.. I think he's representative of a large portion of poker players who are on the edge of being sustainable long term, but the distance to that edge requires so much work and breaking down of things we think we know, most don't get past that edge ..even if they are beating some games.
  • TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 282Subscriber
    I died laughing 3 min in at the "…no this was the $5.99 steak breakfast" comment. Classy.

You're going to have to give Robo girl advice in terms he can understand. Kid thinks he can just wait to date a 7 or better in Los Angeles. That's like jumping into 5/10 NL right away. A chick like that is going to destroy his ABC dating game. Those kinds of girls are sharks.

Learn the basics and get comfortable making friends with or casually going out with 4's or under (1/2 NL), then do a couple of dinner dates with a 5 or a 6 (2/5), then go for gold.

Boom. Dating advice he can comprehend. 23 yr old kids can't relate to real life experiences yet.