Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

CLPLO No.8: Bluffing good flop textures

BartBart Posts: 6,079AdministratorLeadPro
edited May 2014 in Crush Live PLO Videos
In this episode of CLPLO Don looks at a few flop textures that are you can bluff at very often in PLO. In general, live PLO players tend to play their own cards so we want to attack boards where they are very unlikely to have a strong hand. Episode posts at 11:00am ET.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/bluffing-good-flop-textures
Tagged:

Comments

• VernonJones Posts: 179Subscriber
    Don
    I didn't understand why the best move on the flop of 943 with the AA hand wouldn't just bet out since he has more fold equity with a bet . If the equities are so close why would you suggest he check raise when it's more likely that the raise gets called? I don't see how that is trapping when the equities say 50/50. Even if it's 40/60 I still would want to take down the pot.
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited May 2014
    It allows you to get all the money in on the flop. Also the 3-bettor in that hand happened to have a very high equity hand, something like this is very possible for example:

ProPokerTools Omaha Hi Simulation
    5,667,840 trials (Exhaustive)
    board: 9:diamond:4:club:3:spade:
    AA64 82.25%
    KKQJ 17.75%
  • VernonJones Posts: 179Subscriber
    I see, thanks. So if you knew what he had you would lead out but based on his range cr is the best move. Obviously the best move like you said was to jam preflop.
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    I definitely agree that in general, live PLO is about betting for value, handreading, and getting away from second best hand.

However, I think playing PLO in position, and being willing to bluff scare cards can account for a pretty decent chunk of your winrate. People OOP turn their hands face up, necessarily so in many cases, which makes it pretty easy for a good hand reader to rep scare cards when they come.