Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

CLP Podcast No.87: The Extreme Value Series Vol 4

BartBart Posts: 6,079AdministratorLeadPro
edited June 2014 in Crush Live Poker podcast
Bart continues with his analyzation of extreme value spots on this week's show from the 2014 WSOP. This week's hands have an emphasis on turning hands into bluffs and some non standard slowplaying lines.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/the-extreme-value-series-volume-4
Tagged:

Comments

• kristouffe Posts: 54Subscriber
    edited August 2014
    You said that very good LAG are extremely rare at $5/$10 and non existant in $5 blinds game.
    You said in this podcast that good nits are also pretty rare but you know some of them at $10/$20.
    What i understand by this statement is that good players are rare and most of them are TAG because it's easier to be a good TAG than a good LAG or a good nit.
    Is this what you meant ?
  • BartBart Posts: 6,079AdministratorLeadPro
    Most players that are big winners at 5-10 and below are TAGs--that is if the 5-10 game is the biggest game in the room. I've almost never seen a good true LAG at 5-10 at Commerce and the real "good nits" always try to play the highest game possible.

Bart
  • workinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    What are the defining distinctions between a lag and tag? I'm sure it's a continuum but are there key examples of how a lag vs a tag would typically play certain hands?
  • BartBart Posts: 6,079AdministratorLeadPro
    edited August 2014
    A LAG, as I understand it, would play considerably more hands preflop than a TAG. In a nine or ten handed game to play profitably a VPIP of over 30% is extremely difficult and a lot of times it is not the best approach to winning the most amount of money. That is why it is rare to see a "good" one in live play and they are almost non existent at the mid-stakes levels. Most are just LAGtard monkeys.

Bart
  • kristouffe Posts: 54Subscriber
    Thank you for you answer