Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Online Poker

RiceIzChillin Posts: 2Member
edited July 2014 in Low Content Forum
Hello, new to CLP and love the podcasts. I didn't have time to do a search on the forums and didn't know if this subject has been talked about. Is Bovada a safe site to play at? It seems that is the only online real money site that can be played in California. I hear people in the brick and mortars talk about playing on there. Thanks for the replies.

Comments

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    bovada is cool. I havent played live in over a month and part of tht is due to playing on bovada.

PROS-largest US site. Best game selection. Best action. Best MTT. Overall very fishy as well, ive seen some crazy stuff, I play up to the .50/1 NLHE and PLO8 right now.

CONS- Now this is a huge con to me. OBV the anon tables. Sometimes I feel like there is no way to play other then ABC poker. Especially there Zone 'Zoom' Poker. It took awhile for me to accept anon tables. I used to play on RPM and Merge before bovada.

Also only can 4 table max. And software sucks ass. SO glitchy and so many random DCs at times. Very weird.

So bovada is cool and fun and IMO the game selection and overall 'fishiness' make up the huge con.

PS-depositing and cashing out is really easy. I get checks within 2 weeks of request. Merge took 3 months last time I withdrew.
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    I've been playing on WSOP.com while in Vegas. PLO and NLHE games at the lower stakes are pretty good. Mid stakes don't seem to run that often

Now I just gotta figure out how to cash out. Anyone know if you can do it at the cage at the Rio?
  • RiceIzChillin Posts: 2Member
    Thank you NeverLearn2! I think I will make my first deposit this month and start grinding!
  • Lownstarr Posts: 268Subscriber
    edited July 2014
    RiceIzChillin said:
    Thank you NeverLearn2! I think I will make my first deposit this month and start grinding!
    Is online poker legal in California? I thought it was just Nevada, Delaware and New Jersey. If it isn't legal in California, I think that's definitely con #1. Given the history, you have to give real credence to the idea you eventually have a Pokerstars/Full Tilt type problem there and prepare accordingly.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    Lownstarr said:
    RiceIzChillin said:
    Is online poker legal in California? I thought it was just Nevada, Delaware and New Jersey. If it isn't legal in California, I think that's definitely con #1. Given the history, you have to give real credence to the idea you eventually have a Pokerstars/Full Tilt type problem there and prepare accordingly.

Yea thts always an issue but bovada seems to know something about not getting caught. Bovada is as huge as FT ever was IMO because of their sports betting.

IDK its all a crapshoot anyways i guess.
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    Okay so basically for anyone who cares, for WSOP.com you cannot cash out at the Lambada room cage, you can only deposit there. Withdrawals are limited to:

1) Them mailing you a check
    2) Them doing an ACH transfer to your bank account

To do #2, they need a voided check... I took a picture of a check, and sent it in to them, an that was sufficient, withdrawal approved.