Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

overcards+gutshot

maphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
edited July 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
nl500,

hero loosing image,

villain, called almost everytime I raised although I played pretty tight, rec player, probably thinks I cbet too much, called 5 of 6 cbets, I always c/f the turn except one time where I 2nd barrelled and he folded,

Hero raises to 20 UTG with JcTc, villain calls in mp, BTN calls, BB calls,

flop (83) 7d8s2c, BB checks, hero bets 55, villain goes allin with 230, everyone else folded. hero?

looks like a spot to c/f but I was deep with BTN and BB and planned to barrell against them. probably still a c/f with loosing image. no discussion about that please.

once I decide to bet, can I call here? I am not sure if villain really raises a set or 78 and I am sure he calls T9o pre and 65s probably even 65o. there is a chance that he always had a hand against me the previous times but I rather think he is calling very loose vs me. we have 9 or 10 outs vs 8x unless he has T8 or J8.
I didn't see him raising my cbets though and when he raised against someone else he just had it.

Comments

• Lownstarr Posts: 268Subscriber
    I'd fold. I like the c-bet there...and a second barrel if an over card comes on the turn. When you get raised big, though, the gig is up. Fold it.
  • Tyrith Posts: 353Subscriber
    I see where you're going with the logic about ranging the villain here, but I think there's a good chance that you're leveling yourself here. He's probably not aware of your c-betting frequency, and if he isn't, then we have to go back to strong play = strong hand. I'm only thinking about calling here if it's explicit (i.e. table talk) that he knows you're c-betting a lot.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    have to fold here also with our image we can check this flop easily and fire when we hit and try to show off a bluffy tilty image.

We dotn have to cbet 100% of the time when we PFR.
  • maphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    I don't think this hand has to do with levelling or him being aware of my frenquencies. It's simply unlikely that he raises a set or 78 on that dry flop and against a range of discounted strong hands and probably all 65 and T9 combos I probably get the right odds.
  • BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    edited July 2014
    Does he do this with A8 because he's sick of your shit? Hell if I know, I never played with the guy.

$175 to call and there's about $370 in there? In a vacuum that's not the worst call ever as long as you think he can have some 1 pair hands or worse draws here.
  • BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    Also, I don't have TJs in my UTG opening range (it's a fold). Flops mostly draws and not too many top pairs so we're playing draws OOP... However if I did expand my range in a linear fashion it would be the next included hand (QJs is my cutoff).
  • DrGambol Posts: 724Subscriber
    BradleyT said:
    Also, I don't have TJs in my UTG opening range (it's a fold). Flops mostly draws and not too many top pairs so we're playing draws OOP... However if I did expand my range in a linear fashion it would be the next included hand (QJs is my cutoff).
    It depends on the table. There's tables we can find a fold with it and other where we can fold. Depends on stack sizes and what type of mistakes the other players are making. Fwiw, I'd prefer opening JTs instead of 66 if the tables tough. I'd much rather have a tight range with hands that have good barreling potential than low pairs or KQo. As a default, I raise much wider than JTs (often down to 65s) until the table proves to me that I shouldn't do this.

• maphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    I always play 200bb or deeper and those suited connectors play good with deep stacks even oop. It's not the bottom of my range here to be honest