Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Sick space time and sick hand...

ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
edited July 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
So I win this huge pot against the only other decent player at the table and have around $2500 at the beginning of this hand..

once I get a good image I open up my raising ranges from ep.. since I am "winning" I get played back at less ..so I raise utg with KQ os.. most of the night has either been big multiway pots where I just check fold if I miss or just heads up where I can cbet bluff on good texture boards..

V1- next to act and kinda nitty post flop but will call preflop with a wide range. weak player. He has over 3k in chips..

V2- pro kickboxer.. thinks of himself as a laggy player..but in reality hes kinda bad laggy

V3- same guy from my QJss hand

V4..in BB nothing to do with this hand ..very tight player

So we are 5 ways to the flop .. it comes J T 4 r...

I have two over and a oesd.. I bet 50 into 100.. guy next to act almost jumps from his seat as he is getting a 911 call from his wife pulls his cards up shows two players not in the hand and says " I cant believe im folding this but I have an emergency call from my wife.. I think my father in law is dying" and folds.. V2 and V4 call me

Turn A d.. bink..

I bet $175 and both V2 and V4 fold... V1 says as he is racking up his chips that he had AA .. V3 gets the river card and its a brick for him..OMG! how can this happen? I would have easily gotten at least both my turn bet and river bet called.. And if he happens to raise me I think I get a full double.. I mean if I bet $175 he is going to raise me to at least 600.. maybe more.. he is pretty nitty but certainly cant put me on KQ..so he will raise to protect. If he raises to 600 cant I just shove? how can he fold? maybe I can raise to like 1300 but still if I do that then for sure hes calling my shove on river.. so fing sick. if that goddamn call comes 5 seconds later I might have won the biggest hand ever..

So two hands later I am in sb. and in LA the blinds are 5/5 and so in a limped pot I get to see the flop for free. I have 23 os and the flop comes A45..

its 6 ways so I lead out for 15.. old man coffee calls.. he is rather wide..loves any ace.. folds to other OMC tighter player and he raises 40 on top.. So I min raise back to 90 and first villain calls me and tight omc folds.. I am pretty sure villain has flush draw..oh A is NOT the flush card.. 45 are spades..

Turn 6d.. I feel I still have the nuts.. so I bet 215.. again this is a pretty big bet but this guy loves flush draws.. he doesnt think too long and calls..

River.. 3d.. I bet 300.. maybe this was my mistake because it does put a one liner to two straights but as I said he is a bit of a sticky player and just loves paying off people.. When he does he always says " well heres a donation good hand" so in my hand what does he say.. " well heres a donation good hand" and i flip over 23 and he slowly turns over A7ss..
FML... he didnt even know he nitrolled slowrolled whatever rolled me..

so in a little over 10 min I dont make 2500 and now I lose 600? poker is brutal

oh I still won $650.. lol

gotta luv those infinite stack tournies..

thanks for listening...

Comments

• Topset1610 Posts: 280Subscriber
    That is pretty rough. On the first hand if you did not get a full double up it would have been close. I had a hand once where me and the guy next to me had been talking all night and we got into a little battle pre and decided to check it down (I pretty much never do that). The way it played out he would have flopped a K high set and I would have turned the J high set. I would have been stacked 100% of the time if he played it right and we were pretty deep.

For the second hand as you said I think you have to put on the breaks on the river. He is obviously folding any FD that was busted and might even fold out some aces. I would rule out sets and two pair since he never raised you. I think it is still a B/F, but probably only $200 to get a crying call from AX. This type of player isn't going to see a weak bet like that and try to exploit it with a bluff so if he raises you know that he has it. Also, no one is calling down with a set or two pair and then when the 1 liner hits all of a sudden turning it into a bluff.
  • floppedawheel Posts: 1,063Subscriber
    can you imagine the agony if the guy had lost his 3k and THEN immediately gotten the emergency call about a family death? talk about brutal beats
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    floppedawheel said:
    can you imagine the agony if the guy had lost his 3k and THEN immediately gotten the emergency call about a family death? talk about brutal beats

of course you are so right.. but still I wanted those chips!

Thehammah said:
    floppedawheel said:

of course you are so right.. but still I wanted those chips!

ur one ruthless bi-otch. (said lovingly of course)

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    I honestly was thinking completely selfish thoughts on that hand and didnt consider at all his feelings.. guess I am a true poker player.. ha ha.. in this business I do think you need to be rutheless..about the goal of taking other peoples chips..

the bigger picture of course is that we all hope we never get a call like that period..

ww
    hope you know i was kidding. you do have to be ruthless. in a nice way of course.... playing soft just doesn't cut it in this game.