Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Stupid shit poker players say

workinghard Posts: 1,561Subscriber
edited July 2014 in Low Content Forum
What are some of the stupid, illogical, idiotic, silly, asinine things that you hear players say at the table? Are there things you used to say that you now regret?

1. My bluff got called by a guy who didn't raise preflop with KK. Another player who was not in the hand whom I had bluffed a couple times already said out loud "I knew he was bluffing".

2. "pot odds". I know that one gets way overused. If someone says "pot odds" after making a stupid call, I know exactly what kind of player they are.

3. I used to ask to see all hands in a big pot- even if I wasn't on the river. I don't do that anymore and consider it very rude if someone else asks to see my cards.

Comments

• JKH Posts: 831Subscriber
    I think its funny how so many players briefly talk about a hand right after it concluded and state they knew there opponent had a particular holding but made actions in the hand that they would never make if they where actually sure of there opponents holdings.
  • floppedawheel Posts: 1,063Subscriber
    JasonHungle said:
    I think its funny how so many players briefly talk about a hand right after it concluded and state they knew there opponent had a particular holding but made actions in the hand that they would never make if they where actually sure of there opponents holdings.
    yeah, it's like, 'i know you didn't have anything' and they might as well say 'i'm a huge pussy because i didn't think you had anything but folded anyway' hilarious.