Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 Best line on river.

Jseeley Posts: 48Member
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Villain 1 and 2 are random middle age guys, drinking a little. Both randoms at venetian.
Villain 2 is a little more aggresive than 1.
$350 effective. Both villains haved hero covered.

Hero UTG+1 Limps with A6cc
Villain 1 raises to 8.
Villain 2 calls on button.
Hero calls.
($25)
Hero checks
Villain 1 checks
Villain 2 bets $15
Call
Call.
($68)
Turn is a 6 for a board of 33k6cc
Villain 2 bets $45 out of turn.
I call
Villain 1 complains about the out of turn play and ends up calling.
($203)
River is the 2c
Final board 33k62 ccc
Now the question is here what is the best line to extract value. And more importantly what villain 1 is holding.
It looks alot like I may have over flushed villain 1.
Villain 1 could have possibly flush combos that may open like QJcc JTcc I highly doubt he opens 54cc and hit his combo draw.
He may only have a hand like KQ or AK, and just couldn't release it.
If villain 1 has hit a flush I believe my best line is check/raise or check/fold. Depending on what villain 2 does.
If Villain 1 bets and 2 calls, I believe Im good 95% of the time here, and can raise. I never see villain 1 with a boat here, maybe slow played KK. Doubtful though.

Or I could just donk out here. Laugh thoughts?

Comments

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    if you really thin v2 has a flush then I would bet big on the river. you will only be raised by a boat and its too likely to get checked through .

ww
  • CrazyCBettor Posts: 46Member
    If villain 1 was last to act, I like check raising because he will definitely bet a flush on the river when checked to him but given that it is not the case, villain 1 might check "hoping" he is trapping villain 2 who I am sure checks behind everything after the flush hits. You best bet is to bet big. You have 280 left, you might even go all in.
  • whatsyourplay? Posts: 752Member
    I don't think V1 will check a flush all that often. If you are sure that V1 has a flush, the check-raise line is sexy. When V1 bets 130, V2 might even have A3 and call this bet (or call with AK, KQ type hands if he is bad), and we can shove. The pot is going to be very big, so V1 will call at least some of the time with decent flushes, like QJs or KTs.

Also, I wouldn't be scared of a fullhouse at all. There are hardly any combos. Would V2 raise KK to 8 only? Other than that, there is one combo of 33 and one combo of 66 (which V2 probably won't bet OTF and V1 won't call OTF), and maybe 1 or 2 combos of K3s. What else? 32s? 63s?

If (!) you think V1 does have a King some of the time, and V2 can have a 3 which he might check behind, then I would consider betting small. By doing this, you can get some value from these hands and still get more value from flushes, since V1 probably will raise a small bet if he holds a flush.

But without further reads, I would probably go for gold and try to check-raise.
  • whatsyourplay? Posts: 752Member
    I don't think V1 will check a flush all that often. If you are sure that V1 has a flush, the check-raise line is sexy. When V1 bets 130, V2 might even have A3 and call this bet (or call with AK, KQ type hands if he is bad), and we can shove. The pot is going to be very big, so V1 will call at least some of the time with decent flushes, like QJs or KTs.

Also, I wouldn't be scared of a fullhouse at all. There are hardly any combos. Would V2 raise KK to 8 only? Other than that, there is one combo of 33 and one combo of 66 (which V2 probably won't bet OTF and V1 won't call OTF), and maybe 1 or 2 combos of K3s. What else? 32s? 63s?

If (!) you think V1 does have a King some of the time, and V2 can have a 3 which he might check behind, then I would consider betting small. By doing this, you can get some value from these hands and still get more value from flushes, since V1 probably will raise a small bet if he holds a flush.

But without further reads, I would probably go for gold and try to check-raise.
  • Jseeley Posts: 48Member
    I'm never worried about villain 1 slow playing KK. Maybe 1/50 times. You would agree his line looks a lot like a flush draw?
  • SkinnybrownSkinnybrown Posts: 286Member
    A lot of this depends on your read of V1.

Will he call $200 100% of the time with any flush?

Will he autobet any flush here with a paired board?

How you answer those questions dictate what the best line is...

My deafult would be to lead out...
  • Mike Posts: 371Member
    In my experience people check back the non nuts so often i think you are missing way too much value if you check the river. I would just lead out big and probably just shove since a flush is never folding.

I dont really like your limp pf but i guess that is a bit besides the point. Generally I never limp if first in. If i wanna play the hand I'm just gonna raise pf and go from there. You dont have to worry about someone folding lesser clubs because for 1 raise its hard to fold suited cards at 1/2.
  • Jseeley Posts: 48Member
    Mike said

In my experience people check back the non nuts so often i think you are missing way too much value if you check the river. I would just lead out big and probably just shove since a flush is never folding.

I dont really like your limp pf but i guess that is a bit besides the point. Generally I never limp if first in. If i wanna play the hand I'm just gonna raise pf and go from there. You dont have to worry about someone folding lesser clubs because for 1 raise its hard to fold suited cards at 1/2.
    I disagree with raising pf. The whole point of ace little is to over flush someone. At 1/2 people will come in with J4s, but fold to a raise. Plus, I have much more room to Maneuver post flop. Once you get to MP I think a raise is more viable. Also, my limp will make it through a large portion of the time.
  • Limping preflop is fine if the table is super passive, otherwise just dump it. Flop and turn are standard calls. I would just move all in on the river for a slight over bet. It seems fairly likely one of them has a smaller flush or even a 3. I don't generally like to check when I hit my hand in these spots against randoms and give them a chance to check back a big hand because they are scared.