Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 Value bet?

Charlotte_poker Posts: 44Subscriber
edited July 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Playing a 1/2 , 8 handed Hero is the Button. I just sat down at the game, no background on any of the players.

Folds to villain who limps in middle position. Then folds to Hero on the button with A J
Raise to 10
Buttons fold, villain Calls

Flop
T 6 3
Villain checks
Hero Bets 15
Villain check raise to 30
Hero Call

Turn
K

Villain: Check
Hero: check

River
J
Villain: Check
Hero: ?

My thoughts are the villain is unlikely slow playing a K, I don’t put 2 pair in their range They may have a set, but I would think they would have bet the river, if not the turn after I called their raise. Is this too thin of a value bet? Other then hands that beat me, I think I will be called by Tx , Jx and some pocket pairs.

Comments

• Topset1610 Posts: 280Subscriber
    edited July 2014
    Bet pot on the river and hope to get a crying call from a 10. He is not checking 2 pair or a set on turn and river. He is also not going to check a K on the turn and river.

I like a bigger bet here because it looks bluffy. I have been making larger bomb river bets with good success recently.
  • JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    Vale bet river is mandatory here villain reps a ten and if u somehow get raised u can pretty easily fold, if u value own yourself thats unlikely but fine good players do that. i would not over bet I would bet like half pot of 25 and hope to get paid off by a pair of tens.
  • fishcake Posts: 1,002Subscriber
    $60 on turn, $40 on river as played. Villain has a Ten.
  • Tyrith Posts: 353Subscriber
    Flop feels like a bet/3-bet to me...with the flush draw out there, it looks like he has AT/KT and is trying to get you to fold your overcards. When the K hits on the turn and he checks to you, I would be betting with the intention of betting the river when checked to as well.

As played, you definitely have the best hand, so there's no reason to not bet on the river. I'd bet 50-60% of the pot. People play too tight to overbets, in a vacuum, IMO.
  • JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    3 betting the flop I hate ... Bloating the pot with 6 outs maybe 4 possibly less not something I care for. Betting the turn is alright if u think u can get him to fold, if u do this I would make it large but being that it's a 1-2 game and no one folds I like the check line and value betting the river is great.
  • Tyrith Posts: 353Subscriber
    edited July 2014
    If no one ever folds and we don't think we can bluff (and we got the best board we're going to get in that regard), we probably need to fold to the min raise - we have six outs at most, potentially only three.
  • Charlotte_poker Posts: 44Subscriber
    I bet 35 on the river (meant to bet 40, but pushed out the wrong number of chips) villain thinks about it for a few minutes, then raised me 35 more. At this point, I figure I am beat but with 185 in the pot for 35 more I call.

Villain turned over pocket 6's for a set.
  • dannydeuces Posts: 239Member
    CLT_poker said:
    I bet 35 on the river (meant to bet 40, but pushed out the wrong number of chips) villain thinks about it for a few minutes, then raised me 35 more. At this point, I figure I am beat but with 185 in the pot for 35 more I call.

Villain turned over pocket 6's for a set.
    Haha! What a way for villian to make no value with his hand. I would be fist-pumping I lost the minimum in such a spot.

• Topset1610 Posts: 280Subscriber
    Yeah I mean that can be one problem with$1$2 is it is hard to even put people on a range. Every single poster put him on a pair of 10s.

Or maybe he is just a genius....
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    Even though the results are out, when you are check raised on the flop, you should fold given you have little equity in the pot.