Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

two tells i've confirmed tonight

DFN Posts: 86Subscriber
edited July 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
maybe obvious but i've always been suspicious of these things. but i focused solely on these two tonight and they are almost pure tells.

1. when a player is last to act and checks and they don't think the dealer hears them so they repeat themselves. but it's usually like a combo table tap and vocal...like a tap...and then a verbal confirmation of the same. pure weakness. call it the multi-check.

2. when a player checks and they immediately stare at the dealer like ... hope you heard me i checked, i'd hate for you to mistake my check for a bet and i'd have to put anymore money in the pot. i tend to see this one when they are a little unbalanced towards draws. it's an indication of "did you fucking hear me, hurry up and burn and turn before someone changes their mind." it's not possible to change minds but it's a human reaction.

i know these sound pretty straight forward but i consider them lock tells from weak players so keep a look out and let me know if they help you.
by 1LVH

Comments

• DFN Posts: 86Subscriber
    edited July 2014
    i should note, the multi check from up front of the pack or best yet first to act is 100% quads all of the time.
  • weatherman Posts: 65Member
    Lol I will keep on the lookout for upfront quads but yes, a multi-check (I like that term btw) when last to act in my experience means "I would just toss in my cards now but feel like I have to say check in case I hit runner runner whatever I have."
  • LVH Posts: 171Member
    Thanks, man. That's a good one. Makes sense.

A corresponding one, especially with older players is the clarification/bet.

"Is it one me?"

"Did everyone check?"

Anything along those lines, followed by a bet is also quads, or possibly quints. They know the pot is all theirs and they want to make sure everything is nice and kosher, while also sort of acting like they hadn't been paying attention.
  • workinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    Agreed. When people don't normaly verbalize their "checks" and then suddenly say "check" it typically means a strong hand.