Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 folding top two to turn raise

TDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
edited July 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Folded around to Hero(500), who raises Q T to 20 in CO. BTN(400) calls, BB(500) calls. 3 way to flop.
(60) Q T 5 BB checks, Hero bets 45, BTN calls, BB folds. HU
(150) 9 Hero bets 110, BTN ships for 225 more. Hero?

BTN is novice player. I don't think he ever bluffs here, but he might overplay something.

Comments

• dannydeuces Posts: 239Member
    jk & flushes got there. fold
  • afiguy357 Posts: 99Subscriber
    Even if he over plays something, I think most of the time that "something" is going to be sets and straights.

Pretty sick the price you are getting, but probably still a fold.

Bart talks about about like XX hand being pretty much the same thing as YY something. I get it when he is describing it, but have trouble recognizing it when I'm in the hand. Would you guys consider 55 for bottom set here being the same as QT?
  • the_glove Posts: 31Subscriber
    TDF said:
    BTN is novice player. I don't think he ever bluffs here, but he might overplay something.
    I'd fold for reasons others have said. Do you think he's overplaying two pair (you block a lot) or could he be raising with the naked A ?
    afiguy357 said:
    Would you guys consider 55 for bottom set here being the same as QT?
    I guess it depends on the villain. Just in terms of relative strength though, I think you're right.

One difference is that with 55 we're not blocking any two pair combos, as we are here. We might also choose to play 55 differently since we have more outs to improve, making bet-fold less attractive.