Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 KK deep

Ifold2Chex Posts: 67Subscriber
edited August 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
villian - ($900) older guy mid 50's whos playing a decent amount of hands pre, I saw his stats on the pokerpro it said 40% over 150 hands. doesn't get too sticky post. has chipped up with monsters against some fish at the table.

hero - ($700) Ive been playing rather tight tonight, villian knows it.

I open utg $10 with K K

3 callers.

villian is on BB

pot - $40

flop - J 9 8

villian bets out $30

hero calls

everyone else folds

pot - $91

turn 4

villian bets out $30

hero makes it $80

call

river 3

villian checks

Hero bets $75 for value

This is a pretty standard hand, just curious if you go for thin value on this river?

Comments

• Topset1610 Posts: 280Subscriber
    I think the flop is a raise to $80. Tons of draws and two players behind.

Everything else looks pretty standard.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    I really dont mind calling the flop lead considering the bet was almost a pot size bet.. and if he threebets you will probably have to fold although I dont know the exact numbers..

on the turn I raising alot more when he bets so small..

now with a turn raise to say 100 or 125 then your river bet can be around 100..

wendy
  • Topset1610 Posts: 280Subscriber
    edited August 2014
    Why not raise the flop?

The board is really wet with tons of draws and two people behind. There is a lot of hands people can call with for worse. Also, not raising because you are scared of getting 3 bet is bad imo and based off of villains description he will not shove a draw so if he shoves you can probably get away from it. Oh also in the description it says deep. Not really sure what that means based off of stack sizes, but I want to get some more money in on the flop so turn and river can be larger bets.
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    Yes value bet the river, what is he checking the river with? If he raises fold.
  • Dusty Posts: 233Subscriber
    I like a call on the flop, a little larger raise on the turn, and a 1/2 or slightly less than 1/2 pot size bet/evaluate on the river. I do not think betting the river is too thin here because of the action, and we are expected to win this hand more than 50% of the time when called on the river so as we have heard numerous times in the videos here, bet the river.
  • floppedawheel Posts: 1,063Subscriber
    raise flop because so much you'll get called by and you'd really rather not go to the turn 4 ways. why not? you really think this dude flopped it and is betting out? sure, you have a decision to make if he shoves, but that's not likely enough vs. this villain, it seems, to make you hesitant about raising.... i might value bet a little bigger on the river. 100-125. but 75 not bad. kinda would have to weave at-table vibe.
  • MrFizzbinMrFizzbin Posts: 356Subscriber
    You're betting 75 into 260... What happens if he makes it 250 as a check-raise