Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

more lost value on top set coordinated board?

Drew5harkDrew5hark Posts: 578Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
This one bothered me as well..It's a capped 3-300 game. I had $400 and villains covered me.

I raise 88 in position and am called 3 ways. (POT 40)
FLOP -8s7h6s - I bet 30 and get two callers. (First caller is in position the 2nd is OOP and I've seen him peeling with any draw and he's never slowplaying here as he is very agressive. (POT130)
TURN 5h - Villain leads for 30, Hero Calls!, Villain 2 folds (POT 190)
RIVER 3d - Villain leads 30 again hero calls and is good (villain has 85o)

Can I rasie the turn here? What about a thin rasie for value on the river as villain's line and sizing looks weak?

Comments

• chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    When he blocks the river , u can be pretty sure your hand is good. I like a min-ish raise on the river as he's told you he's not too thrilled with his hand so it will be tough to get a normal raise called by worse.
  • CrazyCBettor Posts: 46Member
    You definitely can't raise the turn specially with a guy behind you. He can easily have a 9. If this was an inside straight you could have raised the river, what i mean say the board was 34678, then he needs a 5 for a straight and the way he bets does not look like he has a 5. But the board here is 5678, in which case both 4 and 9 make a straight and i am pretty sure he could be easily doing this with a 4. A case can be made to raise as a bluff to get him off of a 4, but for some reason those spots never work out for me.
  • UntreatableFPS Posts: 1,004Subscriber
    You practically only have a bluff catcher/drawing hand on the turn. Do not raise.

On the river, he's either blocking or running a cheap bluff. I doubt you'll get value from worse if you raise. Maybe if you make it like 75, he makes a crying call with whatever he was blocking the river with.