Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Wiping the slate clean

weatherman Posts: 65Member
edited September 2014 in Poker Goals and Challenges
So I decided yesterday after listening to Dave Tuchman's podcast on plugging leaks (I think it is episode 60 something) that I need to re-evaluate a lot about my game. I know I have tons and tons of leaks. So I decided to start preflop and tighten up my ranges, play a few hands and see what if any issues came up. 3 or 4 times I found myself the preflop raiser raising non-ace broadway cards in the CO (KTs, QJo) and getting called by the blinds or an early limper. The flop was Axx :r: where xx are 2 low unconnecting cards. I would usually cbet and the turn was an ace. I found myself lost in this situation so I wrote it down and will be working in it today.
My new goal is to play a few hours each week and write down at least once instance where I don't have a plan and slowly plug each and every leak until I feel comfortable everywhere. This will probably never end but by writing this down here I am making myself accountable.