Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

CLP Video No.160: Way Ahead Way Behind I

BartBart Posts: 5,955AdministratorLeadPro
edited October 2014 in Crush Live Poker Videos
This week Bart examines some "way ahead way behind" scenarios. You never want to make such an aggressive action in a pot where you get everything weaker than your hand to fold and only better to continue on. Episode posts at 2PM ET.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/way-ahead-way-behind-i
Tagged:

Comments

• workinghard Posts: 1,569Subscriber
    Hey Bart. Great video as usual. Had to laugh when you referenced my poor "AJ" hand reading from the forum posting.

Regarding the first hand example, how would you have preferred Chris to have played the A9 on the turn? Would your preference have been to checkraise all in or to lead out strong on the turn and fold to a raise? If someone is not familiar with how JCW plays, then the second option would seem to make the most sense. If someone is aware that JCW makes moves and plays laggy, then it seems the checkraise all in makes the most sense. Would you agree?
  • BartBart Posts: 5,955AdministratorLeadPro
    No-- I think that JCW may very well have a bluffing range here and he is a good enough player to value own himself with a hand like AQ or AJ so I like a check-call, check-call.

Bart
  • Ron Posts: 6Member
    In the last hand of the video, I thought Josh's bet on the turn was good. He was repping the flush and also putting a blocking bet for a chance to hit his straight or set up a bluff on the river. Hero made a terrible raise in my estimation costing himself value. (Go easy on me I'm new but he also got information)
  • irwinbetirwinbet Posts: 383Subscriber
    I had a question about the turn play in hand #1 (JCW's 4 3 vs A 9 on A 5 K 9 board).
    When watching the video I thought it was a mistake for JCW to bet the turn because I didn't there was much fold equity there. Bart stated he thought Chris' range is mostly an A or a flush/combo draw. I thought that if that was his range & he calls our raise on the flop then he is not likely to fold the turn. Betting opens us up to a check raise that could lose us the equity we have in the hand.
    Could you please explain why betting the turn in this spot is better than checking? Thank you.