Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live O8 No.2: Advanced Hand Reading

BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
edited October 2014 in Crush Live O8 Videos
This week Bart takes a look at advanced hand reading in Omaha 8 or Better. He gets into some interesting situations where he has to bluff catch and turn his hand into a bluff. He also talks about the concept of push and pull hands.

Episode posts at 2PM ET.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/advanced-hand-reading-in-o8
Tagged:

Comments

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    good video, thnx for the 08 stuff, probably not that popular here. few questions.

1. you mentioned FE but the games i play, 6/12 kill, FE is almost non existent. I even tried 2 betting very wide pre when the kill wass to the right of me to try to minimize players even go HU to the flop. it never works, seems like their limping -calling raise is all the same. is this mainly an issue for the low stakes and something i should never try to do or should i still be looking for spots pre and post to maximize FE, thus create bigger swings for me.

2. the AAQ9 hand where u flop the boat. if it git too river and he lead out would you raise? i think with the flop action we can assume he doesnt have an 8. i know there is a very high chance we are chopping but for the few times he might be making a play with KK or something is it worth it with the 2nd nut high? In this spot liive I used to check it back but I started raising almost always if I feel i got the high, it had bit me a few times when people play monsters super passively though.

3. can we get a 4 colored deck when you play bovada?

thnx again for the O8 stuff.
  • DavidCole Posts: 2Subscriber
    Thanks for the 08 content, def why i got a subscription.

Hand #7..... I feel as though the river is a check raise. Is this too thin? Was thinking a check raise here for various reasons but the main one being is we could quarter the others with their low. There are 3 people behind us one of them is bound to bet the riv with their low. Sure we will valueown ourselves some but it just seems highly unlikely someone has the J high flush here.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
    DavidCole said:
    Thanks for the 08 content, def why i got a subscription.

Hand #7..... I feel as though the river is a check raise. Is this too thin? Was thinking a check raise here for various reasons but the main one being is we could quarter the others with their low. There are 3 people behind us one of them is bound to bet the riv with their low. Sure we will valueown ourselves some but it just seems highly unlikely someone has the J high flush here.
    Hey Dave,

At this level we can't really depend on anyone betting their hands for one way at the end in multiway pots. I've seen guys check behind 23 here all the time.

You can see the guy checking the flop out of seat 6 with 2d5d4s6. I mean he certainty should bet that at the end but when no one bets the flop and just calls my turn lead with 4 people in the hand--I'm not going to depend on them betting on the river.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
    edited October 2014
    NEVERLEARN2 said:
    good video, thnx for the 08 stuff, probably not that popular here. few questions.

1. you mentioned FE but the games i play, 6/12 kill, FE is almost non existent. I even tried 2 betting very wide pre when the kill wass to the right of me to try to minimize players even go HU to the flop. it never works, seems like their limping -calling raise is all the same. is this mainly an issue for the low stakes and something i should never try to do or should i still be looking for spots pre and post to maximize FE, thus create bigger swings for me.

2. the AAQ9 hand where u flop the boat. if it git too river and he lead out would you raise? i think with the flop action we can assume he doesnt have an 8. i know there is a very high chance we are chopping but for the few times he might be making a play with KK or something is it worth it with the 2nd nut high? In this spot liive I used to check it back but I started raising almost always if I feel i got the high, it had bit me a few times when people play monsters super passively though.

3. can we get a 4 colored deck when you play bovada?

thnx again for the O8 stuff.
    1. This isn't just an issue for the low stakes. There are guys in the 75-150 game that will never fold their kill. It just goes to a more basic fundamental misunderstanding about the game from those types of players. It is important to adjust to the type of player that is in the kill. I would not be trying to iso a raise in front of you to drive out the kill if he is defending 100% of the time.

2. What hand are you talking about? From this week? Look at the hand markers and tell me the number or time code in the episode.

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    hand 12 56:40 mark.