Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

CLP Podcast No.107: Interesting River Situations II

BartBart Posts: 5,897AdministratorLeadPro
edited October 2014 in Crush Live Poker podcast
In this week's episode Bart takes a look at hand reading and bet sizing on the river. Episode posts at 2PM ET.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/interesting-river-situations-ii

Link to JK3a video:
Tagged:

Comments

• BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    Great video.
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    Bart,

I have a question about the AK hand (first hand I think) from the podcast. You raised UTG with AK, SB station called, BB winning younger Asian 3-bet, you called, SB called. Flop 733 I think, check, BB bet, you called, etc.

You talk a lot about continuing on with AK even when you don't flop a pair. I think I understand the concept and the profitability. What I find tougher is being the pre-flop aggressor with AK and missing - when do I continue, how many barrels, etc. It's easy for me to get lost when I'm the aggressor with AK and I whiff, sometimes I feel like I end up turning my hand face up and villains can play perfectly against me.

So, can you talk about this same hand from the perspective of the BB who also had AK in this hand? What is the most profitable line? Let's say you're in the BB with AK, UTG (good, solid winning player) opens to $35, SB stationy guy calls, you 3-bet to $125, UTG calls, SB calls. Flop comes 733, SB checks to us.

What is our plan for the hand?

Thanks for answering.

Chris
  • BartBart Posts: 5,897AdministratorLeadPro
    Hey Reed,

That is a pretty difficult question since it is always going to be player dependent vs your villain. Vs non thinking opponents and most rec players in three bet pots they will rarely continue on for one barrel with an unpaired hand. So I dont have a problem with keeping the line of aggression for 2 streets. On the river though most players aren't going to fold at the end when it is obvious that they have an overpair. You just have to realize that on a low paired board two barrels of aggression is usually better than one but id give up on the third.