Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Station on your left, change seat?

Vans14 Posts: 66Member
edited December 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
When there's a near 100% vpip station on your left, would you ever change seats to the other side of the table? There's a particular station who every now and then lands directly on my left and I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's very easy for him to trap and commit me with big hands since I'll be out of position. At the same time he's so loose and such a station that I feel like I can get value out of him when I'm in position even if it's across the table because I can always count on him to limp UTG and so forth. His typical sessions at a 1/2 game involve either winning 2k or losing 2k, both the result of bad play. He'll usually end up chasing a 2nd best hand, but it's hard to know whether to keep barreling him or not with an overpair when he quite literally will play any two cards to a raise. He see's every hand as an implied odds situation, and to some extent he's right if I'm going to get married to AA.

I'm just wondering if there's any particular advantage to playing with him if he's directly on my LEFT, or if despite his calling tendencies I would actually be better served playing with him when I can occasionally get position on him from some other seat at the table that doesnt involve BvB play.

Comments

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    Without getting too in depth, it is probably easier to take the seat change to get position but we won't always have that option. This guy is not unbeatable obviously maybe next time we are oop maybe we can try to pick on something for us to exploit.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    Just want to add this might be a good time to point out what spewy is trying to state in his other thread.

You should pay attention to his showdown and see how he plays. I'm pretty positive after a few hands we can safely break his game down and start exploiting him. We know he is a station but we should be able to improve on that.
  • beauregard Posts: 1,592Subscriber
    what I hate about having a station to my left is that his calls encourages others to call making it tough to get in pots heads up with hands that don't do well against multiple players.
    while I want a station at my table, I don't want him on my left.
    I ask for a seat change.
  • CalgaryPokerGuy Posts: 342Subscriber
    These kinds of players typically make their hand strength well known, raising once they hit. Assuming you have a skill advantage, if you're going to play against anyone out of position, it's this type of player. Bet-fold them all day long for value.
  • Topset1610 Posts: 280Subscriber
    seat change.

If I cant 3bet a lot to isolate and play heads up.