Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

TPTK - Your thoughts

wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I've been playing online and starting to lose my sanity :) . This is one hand where of course my AK loses to KQ and its interesting how the board ran out clubs. #1 I'm thinking I should've just folded on the flop but being I didn't know this person maybe hes doing it with a draw. If he is than in hindsite it was stupid to bet the turn. I hate being oop. Even though the turn bet was bad imo when the river comes another club and the fact he just called the turn makes me wonder if I shouldve barreled the river to get him off his 2 pr. Of course he could have a club there so maybe not. Just curious peoples thoughts on this hand:

Merge, $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players

CO: $254.66 (127.3 bb)
BTN: $275.61 (137.8 bb)
SB: $225.62 (112.8 bb)
Hero (BB): $158.12 (79.1 bb)
UTG+1: $247.69 (123.8 bb)
UTG+2: $91.50 (45.8 bb)
MP1: $287.63 (143.8 bb)
MP2: $200 (100 bb)
MP3: $89.85 (44.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with As Kd
2 folds, MP1 calls $2, 4 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $8, MP1 calls $6, SB folds

Flop: ($18) Qc 3d Kc (2 players)
Hero bets $9, MP1 raises to $25, Hero calls $16

Turn: ($68) Jc (2 players)
Hero bets $34, MP1 calls $34

River: ($136) 4c (2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks

Results: $136 pot ($3 rake)
Final Board: Qc 3d Kc Jc 4c
Hero showed As Kd and lost (-$67 net)
MP1 showed Ks Qh and won $133 ($66 net)

Comments

• Mike Posts: 371Member
    If your initial thought was to fold the flop what hands can call river aggression that beat you on the flop? This spot seems to me like he would have a flopped 2p or set a lot of the time. Generally people arent gonna be semi bluffing K and A high boards when they have a draw. Its just too hard to get the PFR to fold tp type hands. I would say his line is almost 100% of the time flopped monsters that wont be able to take heat on the river.

I think your turn bet is fine. If he was semi bluffing the flop it would almost always be with broadway clubs. Because the Jc comes on the turn you can almost eliminate all possible FDs except a royal (Never bad to bluff into the nuts IMO).

Jam river or fold flop.
    Also if playing online you might wanna be using a HUD and those stats would help a lot. and be full stacked...
  • wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
    Mike said

Also if playing online you might wanna be using a HUD and those stats would help a lot. and be full stacked...
    What HUD stats in particular do you think would help in this situation? I have a HUD running but really don't use it much. I feel I do better not even using the Stats. Is there a prticular stat here you think would help me determind for example if the guy was more capable of raising with a draw?
    raise cb, aggression, fold to cbet

vpip and PFR also help alot to narrow his range PF since its mostly a set range of hands from each POS online. Because of the limp PF he probably has a large spread between vpip and PFR which generally means hes a fish.
    Thanks. I'm gettin off the subject here but what other things besides the large spread indicates to you a fish (referring to specifically looking at HUD stats)? For the most part most people of course are fish but it helps to find them out quickly if you dont know them. I guess aggression level too.
    aggression will just tell you how often a player will bluff... generally look for high vpip and the big spread thats the biggest tell. Other than that its just how they play hands. A HUD will just give you a better idea of how they play. Look for mathimatical leaks in their HUD stats and abuse them.
  • whatsyourplay? Posts: 752Member
    Aggression factor per streets gives you an indication how aggessive he plays in general.

w$wsF (won money when seen flop) will tell you if he is generally putting pressure on his opponents postflop. If it is above a certain threshold, you know that he plays draws very aggressively, because he can't reach such a high number with made hands alone (there just aren't enough).

wtSD (went to showdown) will tell you how showdown-bound he is. A high number here suggests that he is calling and checking a lot in order to get to showdown, instead of betting and raising much.
    Now Im' getting really off topc - lol. I guess I'll make a new thread. Just curious what sites you guys play on for US players and whats your opinion of them?
  • whatsyourplay? Posts: 752Member
    Have no clue, I am not from the US, sorry.