Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Call-Ins No. 15: Combos, Bluffs, SPRs

BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
edited December 2014 in Crush Live Call Ins podcast
This week Bart takes a ton of calls and discusses, range analysis, bluffing, SPR, and combonatorics.

www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/combos-bluffs-sprs
Tagged:

Comments

• fishcake Posts: 937Subscriber
    Good show and I agree with everything you said up until your analysis on the last hand. It's super easy for hero to be completely destroyed on a JJ9 two-tone board in a 3bet pot with QQ. In fact as I was listening to the hand history I immediately thought villain had KK a lot. Hero got straight up owned in this spot. I see people flat KK to a 3bet OOP very frequently and play it like this. You're also not very ahead of any reasonable hand, either.

Against a range of TT (being very, very generous here including this), the other two Queens, KK, AA and AKhh, hero is 39%, and remember, villain opened to $30 pre so his range is just heavily weighted towards extreme value hands. You're just getting it in bad here a lot. Just an easy fold imo, and as you mentioned, the sizing on the flop is way too much. Betting too much doesn't make this a call thinking you are "pot committed" though against a range you are just behind.
  • workinghard Posts: 1,562Subscriber
    I'm still not sure I'm in agreement with Bart's suggestion on my hand, the first hand where I had AK, to raise flop. Doing so vs an ABC villain leading into me may get him to fold weaker kings while calling might get another bet from him if he has a weaker hand while still allowing me to get the short stack's money in.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,989SubscriberProfessional
    fishcake said:
    Good show and I agree with everything you said up until your analysis on the last hand. It's super easy for hero to be completely destroyed on a JJ9 two-tone board in a 3bet pot with QQ. In fact as I was listening to the hand history I immediately thought villain had KK a lot. Hero got straight up owned in this spot. I see people flat KK to a 3bet OOP very frequently and play it like this. You're also not very ahead of any reasonable hand, either.

Against a range of TT (being very, very generous here including this), the other two Queens, KK, AA and AKhh, hero is 39%, and remember, villain opened to $30 pre so his range is just heavily weighted towards extreme value hands. You're just getting it in bad here a lot. Just an easy fold imo, and as you mentioned, the sizing on the flop is way too much. Betting too much doesn't make this a call thinking you are "pot committed" though against a range you are just behind.
    I came to the thread to post the same thing. Villain should never be bluffing, and Axhh and TT are the only value hands we're beating, right? Flop is a bet/fold, with the bet being smaller than the $175 hero bet.