Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

AKs, back raised pre.

Jseeley Posts: 48Member
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
1/2 Venetain
Villain 1 has $100
Villain 2 has $300
Hero has both covered

Hero raises UTG with AKdd to $10
Villain 1 calls in HJ
Villain 2 raises to $30 on button
Hero calls
Villain 1 moves in
Villain 2 moves in
Hero?

Table just started like an hour ago Villain 1 is a middle age lady, hasnt played many hands. Villain 2 is older middle eastern. Played with him before and is bad aggressive.
I think the only question here is what is Villain 1 holding. I see a lot of limp reraising in this game with QQ+, but not much back raising from late position. It almost looks to me like a frustrated 77-JJ. We the over lay in pot is this a no brainer call?

Comments

• Mike Posts: 371Member
    why did you flat the 3B? If you did it to try and induce some spazz call. If you did because you thought V2 has you crushed when you get it in fold.
  • WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber
    Mike said

why did you flat the 3B? If you did it to try and induce some spazz call. If you did because you thought V2 has you crushed when you get it in fold.
    Pretty much this. Nit Lady has JJ+, but that's essentially irrelevant. OP says the only question is what V1 is holding, but the real question is what is laggy middle eastern guy getting it in with here? If he is bad enough to overshove with worse than AK (or if we are flipping), call it off. If not (or you aren't OK flipping for stacks), fold.
  • edog Posts: 43Member
    I think I am folding preflop and waiting for a better spot with more information. I don't like to risk 135 BBs in situations like these. With a 135 BBs to work with, I can slice, dice, and grind up fish and spread the variance out over many different opportunities. But that's just my style at this time, moderate and steady winning.
  • WillWay Posts: 35Member
    J-
    I tend to agree with edog in this spot, b/c @ 150bb effective AKsu is relatively weak here. Best case scenario you are chopping w/ someone else, or behind.