Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Limon Show No.59 "Tuchman Interviews Jason Somerville"

BartBart Posts: 5,957AdministratorLeadPro
This week David Tuchman substitutes in as guest host for the Limon Show and interviews Twitch and Runitup extraordinaire Jason Somerville.

Episode posts at 11:00am PT.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/tuchman-interviews-jason-somerville-free

Comments

• MikeG Posts: 989Subscriber
    Dave is one of the best broadcasters and interviewers in the poker world and he had a great guest. Fantastic show.

One thing that always makes me laugh is when his guests promote competitors. During the wsop, there were occasions people would talk about how certain daily fantasy sports sites were better or how Matt savage structures were better etc. RIO and CLP aren't direct competitors, but still reminded me of that.

I think part of it is Dave is good at getting people to feel relaxed and open. Would definitely listen to any other shows he fills in for.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,957AdministratorLeadPro
    Actually I am pretty sure that Jason was promoting his own site RunitUP not Run it Once. Definitely not a competitor :kiss:
    He wasn't promoting RIO but he did mention it. Just reminded me of Tuch's wsop shows where sponsors had to cringe from time to time.
  • DavidTuchman Posts: 786Pro
    Thanks Mike!
  • AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 747Administrator
    Word on the street is we will have better production value soon, with proper lighting, and a backdrop that doesn't look like an ISIS video :tu:
    MikeG said:
    Dave is one of the best broadcasters and interviewers in the poker world and he had a great guest. Fantastic show.

One thing that always makes me laugh is when his guests promote competitors. During the wsop, there were occasions people would talk about how certain daily fantasy sports sites were better or how Matt savage structures were better etc. RIO and CLP aren't direct competitors, but still reminded me of that.

I think part of it is Dave is good at getting people to feel relaxed and open. Would definitely listen to any other shows he fills in for.
    What do you think about Dave having a regular interview show? A kind of guy in a bar, having a beer with people in the poker industry. Sort of a gritty, relaxed interview show with beer and no bullshit?
  • GroundhogDayGroundhogDay Posts: 287Subscriber
    edited March 2015
    Administrator said:

What do you think about Dave having a regular interview show? A kind of guy in a bar, having a beer with people in the poker industry. Sort of a gritty, relaxed interview show with beer and no bullshit?
    I think that is a great idea... he was great at interviewing Jason and got some gold out of him concerning his personal life, which I don't think many poker hosts could of gotten, given their history....

However, I do wish the Harvard Guy (think his name was josh) had called in and talked to Limon himself, as I found his situation very interesting and Limon would of delved deeper...

David should do the planned interviewing --- Limon should handle the "man-on-the street" type interviews... however Limons last interview was gold.. they are both the "cats meow"

• JT00 Posts: 193Subscriber
    Administrator said:
    MikeG said:

Love the idea
    100% in favor.

I also think it is somewhat of a nice middle ground. What I mean is imagine listening to Abe talk about being able to see King-Lil-Lil reflected off of Alex's forehead, on the one hand, and on the other Don constructing GTO models.

There seems to obviously be a place for both, but I think there's also a place in the middle.

Note: My girlfriend, who doesn't know whether a flush beats a straight, listened to probably 20hrs of WSOP coverage last summer, and that included some events that are snoozers to even avid poker fans. 1% of that is probably because I wanted to hear. 99% of it is because Dave was able to make it a very good combination of interesting and informative.
    Tuchman currently at final table of 580 wsopc nlhe event. gl
  • pokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    The Harvard guy was a grade A goof ball. "My decks gettin haad" seriously dude your on a call in show nobody wants your terrible sense if humor just tell us who pulling the strings. Even better I'm pretty sure Tuchman was broadcasting to the audience and Harvard guy thinks he's talking to just him. " ya, I heerd that".

MikeG said:
    Tuchman currently at final table of 580 wsopc nlhe event. gl
    Field looks soft: http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/updates.asp?grid=1112&tid=14080
  • DonkieRon Posts: 577Subscriber
    Yeah I agree. Tough field to the final table.
  • iLikeCaliDonksiLikeCaliDonks Posts: 932Troll
    Good job Tuchman hes watched the best players. Win today cuz you cant win a bracelet.
    I watch all the wsop streams since 2011. I need to win a tournament lol.
  • JT00 Posts: 193Subscriber
    2nd for Tuchman. Obviously he would have loved to take down the whole thing, but I can't imagine he's too upset with the result. Congrats Tuck!
    KK VS AK SMH.
    Are you allowed to chop circuit events?
    Congrats on 2nd place.
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    JT00 said:
    2nd for Tuchman. Obviously he would have loved to take down the whole thing, but I can't imagine he's too upset with the result. Congrats Tuck!
    The first hand of HU was apparently AK vs. KK

Sucks, wanted you to get that ring, Dave!
    2448 x 3264 - 1M
  • Johnny_UtahJohnny_Utah Posts: 402Subscriber
    I think a interview show with Tuchman would be great. Jason Summerville can talk to anyone but I appreciate Tuchman's style of interview. Obviously the Limon show can go no where....it's absolute GOLD. But I would also listen to DT do a regular show with guests.

Congrats on the tourney run!! Diapers for days!!