Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

New to CLP

AreTheseGood Posts: 3Subscriber
Hey everybody! Just signed up to CLP today because of the great strategy videos and forums here. My buddy BarleyBurners got me turned on to the site and thought I'd finally sign up for it. If anyone has any suggestions on material to check out first, let me know. I'm also on Twitter @arethesegood

Thanks guys!

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,820AdministratorLeadPro
    Hi ATG,

Welcome to the site!!

Definitely check out the curriculum. Thats what it is there for!! http://www.crushlivepoker.com/curriculum

Bart
  • AreTheseGood Posts: 3Subscriber
    Hey Bart. Thanks for all the great material on here. I'll check out the curriculum first.
  • Ironkidsb Posts: 219Subscriber
    Ya, the forums are where the best advice is. You get real life advice from players who have been exactly where you are at. So any questions about hand history (HH) or strat and the forums usually respond quickly with great advice.

But one great piece of advice that a great poker player gave me a long time ago was "just go out there and play poker, meet people, and surround yourself with players who you believe are good players so that you can build a network of friends to talk strat, talk you out of tilting, and basically just challenging each other to become better players which means understanding this ever evolving game." That way you always have a network of friends that you trust that you can talk HH's with and get several POV's from people who play this game seriously. There is no 1 right way to play this game, so getting that network of players in your community is very important.

Hope that helps!
  • AreTheseGood Posts: 3Subscriber
    Thanks a lot Ironkid. Appreciate the advice. And that's another reason why I joined. I dig the community feel that you guys have going hear. Definitely helps out when you have people that are trying to accomplish the same thing you are. Look forward to the input from everyone.
  • TeamNOsleepTeamNOsleep Posts: 153Subscriber
    New to the site also. Been playing for Aprox and been a member of every site at one point. Card runners, Ivey, TPE, rio, etc. always trying to learn. Any suggestions on where to start and best videos. Thanks and good luck
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,391Subscriber
    Try the curriculum. Top of the menu page. Welcome