Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Trip 888 against solid player at 2/5

TaintBDTaintBD Posts: 244Subscriber
Active as always at 2/5
Ran up my stack to 1k
Three limpers
I make it 30 on button 78hh
Two calls
8s8d3h
Checks to me
I make it 80
Solid 5/10 kid in CO calls
5c
He check calls 100
Qs River
He leads 200 with 206 left
WDYD????

Comments

• ChiliPalmer Posts: 45SubscriberProfessional
    Well, that's a tough one. He could've called flop and turn with JJ, TT, 99, but seems like he would've raised those PF. Don't think the Q helped him. So, that leaves smaller pairs, most likely 66, 77, 44, or maybe missed draws like 67 (less likely to call flop), an 8 ( and you're only really beating 86), or 55. So to sum, most likely you're beating 66 and 77 (12 combos), and 86 (4 combos), and losing to 55 (3 combos), 8T, 89, A8 (12 combos). Basically a push, and you have to call 200 for a pot of $560, or almost 3:1. Unless you have a good read on the guy, I think you gulp and call.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    I have a really helpful comment :
    That 888 Poker commercial that runs during Poker Night in America is really annoying. That is all.
    i think this is a sigh call. his line is really weird and sometimes when people play confusing lines (ie, pushing buttons), it doesn't hurt to call. seems like he has 33 or not much at all.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,977SubscriberProfessional
    This is so read-dependent. "Solid 5/10 kid" isn't enough to go on. Has he taken a similar line like this before? Have you seen him donk into the raiser ever, on any street? What type hands is he limping with? Is he limping a lot? Or had he previously been raising in spots like this.

"Active as always" - What does villain think of you? Have you been attacking limpers a lot? Have you been caught double- or triple-barreling at all?

Since he limp/called preflop, the Queen should really be a blank. This is a terrible spot to bluff (your hand looks a ton like AA/KK), so this is certainly a value hand. There aren't many value hands you beat - 8c6c is about the only one I can come up with (plus chopping with 8c7c). 33, 55, bigger 8s - You're behind all of them. I think this is a fold.