Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Houses over Houses over Houses!!

BugsyBugsy Posts: 40Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Same session as my heart flush hand but this time I have reads on people, it’s probably been another 20 hands or so.

V1 - BTN = very lag-aggro and plays many hands, a lot of stupid hands too. This guy is Iranian or someone of that ethnic group (just an FYI, like Bart, I’m not prejudice or anything like that, just giving ya info…his attitude was, “you got balls, then let’s go!!”)

V2 - UTG = probably a level 2 thinker, if not at least a decent TAG – young guy in his mid 20s – he’s definitely on the ball, methodical and friendly too.

Hero: = my image was a winning image but also probably perceived as a “luck box” too, so any time I played a hand….”here they come!!” and then they came, saw and lost…LOL. It was a good night for me. I finished the night $440.00 on the plus side.

Onto the hand……and just remember…if you’re gonna spend the money to listen and learn from Bart…then do what he tells ya!!! (hint…hint)

Effective stacks: $291.00 1/2 100 Cap game

UTG-V2 ($291.00) opens to $6.00 - *it was an odd opening because everyone, including this V was opening in previous hands with $10.00 or more.
UTG+1 (Hero) ($476.00) – I pick up pocket 99 - I call

Fold to BTN-V1 ($190.00) – calls

Pot: $18.00

Flop: Q96r
UTG-V2: $20.00
Hero: Call
BTN-V1: Call

Pot: $78.00

Turn: 6s
UTG-V2: Checks
Hero: Checks – based on what I’ve learned from Bart, I would normally bet at this point but V1 on the BTN is super laggy and aggro and I expected him to bet (that was his MO prior to this hand) but he checked to my surprise!!
BTN-V1: Check

River: 2h – no flush or straight possibilities

Pot: $78.00
UTG-V2: CHECKS
Hero: Bets $40.00 (I’m thinking value bet)
BTN-V1: raises to $80.00

Back around to UTG: he thinks for about 1 min and then says strongly….”ALL IN” AI for $265.00

Hero: I tanked this baby but I instantly remembered Bart’s teachings about the under boats (if that’s what we call ‘em). I thought to myself, this guy to my right has to have QQs to make this play….more of my thought process during the hand and what I did..after I hear what you all have to say about this…
BTN-V1: I’ll tell you what he did when I give the final outcome.

Hero does what?

After everybody throws in their two cents, I’ll give you the final outcome.

~Bugsy~
Cool

Comments

• WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber
    Short answer - I don't fold boats in 1/2 on single paired boards. In the long run it's not profitable.

Longer answer: You need to build a pot so we can get stacks in by the river. I min raise on the flop. Turn is an auto bet. Enough that we have a pot sized shove for the river. We lose to quads and QQ and that is it. At this point, I'm never folding. As played, river is an insta-call and if V has QQ oh well. I'm never putting anyone on a big pair with a $6 raise from upfront.
  • BugsyBugsy Posts: 40Subscriber
    Even though not many of you are replying to this hand, I would love to hear your take Bart and you too Wendy.

I ended up calling. And then so did the V on the BTN and he said the infamous, "I have to call!" At least I didn't say that! LOL

I realize that only QQ and 66 beat me but this was very player dependent for me. The V who shoved (V2), played very carefully and smartly throughout the session when we were both there prior to this hand. There were no bluffs shown by him and he didn't come across bluffy at all.

Also, this was not a MUB moment for me. My gut said fold based on what I've learned from Bart and two others who play "live" for a living (unless I didn't digest their lessons correctly!) and that is: villains rarely bluff shove the river at the low levels. 1/2 and 2/5

Is this correct Bart?

The fact that I called, in my opinion...IS THE MISTAKE! But I'm open to learning here....I could be way off.

All 3 us filled up.
    V2 had: QQ
    Me: 99
    V1: Q6

I'm sure for V1, he thought he had a shot because of his Q blocker....but as it was, all 4 queens played.
  • whatsyourplay? Posts: 752Member
    Raise the flop
    Bet the turn
    Raise the river
    Profit

BTW: this must have been the worst table in poker history. Three players turn a full house and everybody checks....Embarassed
    Wackabrew said

Short answer - I don't fold boats in 1/2 on single paired boards. In the long run it's not profitable.

Longer answer: You need to build a pot so we can get stacks in by the river. I min raise on the flop. Turn is an auto bet. Enough that we have a pot sized shove for the river. We lose to quads and QQ and that is it. At this point, I'm never folding. As played, river is an insta-call and if V has QQ oh well. I'm never putting anyone on a big pair with a $6 raise from upfront.
    Wacka,
    I appreciate the reply and some good points too.
    whatsyourplay? said

Raise the flop
    Bet the turn
    Raise the river
    Profit

BTW: this must have been the worst table in poker history. Three players turn a full house and everybody checks....Embarassed

LOL
    Guilty as charged! At one point I wanted to c/r but that big plan went out the window. I should have played it fast just like Bart advocates.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    yeah I dont like how youlayed it either. I am raising the flop and betting the turn as well. for really a couple reasons. mainly because I think I have the bes t hand and to disguise when I have a draw. I raise and bet more draws now then I used to and if I only bet when I have a made hand or only bet when I have a dra wthe better players will be able to read me better.

so now I raise more draws along with monsters. thsi is a cooler hand and had hou bet and say utg villain was a nit you might be able to get away from the hand since the river bet looks so much like qq. but if utg villain is a typical player then I am not sure how you can fold the river

what would be key to my hand reading in this hand would be if you say utg villain make this small raise before w a big pair. then his line can be qq. otherwise I am not putting him on this

ww
  • Bugs,

I think you are really over thinking this hand and giving your opponents way too much credit. I would almost never fold this even at $5-$10 or $10-20 the way that the hand went down. Your opponents played this spot awfully. Who in the right mind would check Qs full on the river after the turn gets checked through?

Chances are you two others in the hand don't have a queen and this is going to get checked through a lot at the end. And btw 9s full is not an under full on this board. 22 on a 99278 board is an underfull. You basically have an overfull.

Bart
    Bart said

Bugs,

I think you are really over thinking this hand and giving your opponents way too much credit. I would almost never fold this even at $5-$10 or $10-20 the way that the hand went down. Your opponents played this spot awfully. Who in the right mind would check Qs full on the river after the turn gets checked through?

Chances are you two others in the hand don't have a queen and this is going to get checked through a lot at the end. And btw 9s full is not an under full on this board. 22 on a 99278 board is an underfull. You basically have an overfull.

Bart
    Aahhhhh...capeeesh! Many times I'll listen to your podcasts when I'm driving and of course I'll miss some things (possibly the definition of an underfull, thanks for the clarification). I of course always go back and listen to them over again to catch points I miss the first time through.

Wendy, you too,....you made some nice points.

Wow...great learning points and everything else I'm learning...LOL. OMG

Interesting though, in retrospect after reading the replies and critiques, My lack of experience focused on the wrong thing(s) and even though I ended up calling and it's the right call...the rest of the hand (per the comments) is something I learned about too! The way I played the flop, turn and river was wrong.

Regarding the V who checked his Queens full on the river claimed, "it was a hopeful strategy on his part". FPS is what he did and what I definitely need to stay away from and I need to drive the bus FAST when I have a rockin hand.

Great stuff gang...I appreciate it!
    Cool
    P.S.
    Bart: "I think you are really over thinking this hand and giving your opponents way too much credit."
    I've been trying to convince myself I don't see MUB anymore but the reality is, if I'm giving this V that much credit, I DO need to see the witch doctor and get rid of that damn "rookie" thinking of MUB! Thanks again everyone!
  • Mike Posts: 371Member
    if you flop a set that isnt top set dont even think anything besides raise. Just get the money in as fast as possible.

Underfull is when your trip card is under the pair on the board eg 22 on 26678

Overfull is when your trip is higher than pair on board 88 on 26678
  • Mike Posts: 371Member
    also leave the post up for 24h before you give away results. lots of us only check at certain times.
    Mike said

also leave the post up for 24h before you give away results. lots of us only check at certain times.
    Will do. thanks for your input Mike.

Bugsy