Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

CLP Video No.187: Adapting and Adjusting to Your Opponents

BartBart Posts: 5,792AdministratorLeadPro
Tuck looks at the best ways to extract value by making adjustments based on who we play and what their perception of us is.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/adapting-and-adjusting-to-your-opponents
Tagged:

Comments

• DavidTuchman Posts: 786Pro
    interestingly enough, I played against a CLP subscriber last night who check/called all 3 streets and allowed me to value-own myself. He absolutely got the maximum value against me.

Btw, he also CR bluffed me on the river :)
  • PocketAceTrader782 Posts: 439Subscriber
    Ha Dave. When I was in town a few months ago. I was trying to get in a game with you or Bart so I can make those exact plays. But, then I realized: Poker is not about ego. My win rate is not going to get any better because I can tell my friends that I bluffed BH or DT.

Anyway, kind of off topic there. I digress. Great Video. Keep up the good work. When you had the 66s in the beginning of the video did your opponent show? Did he have AK?

Carmine
  • Onalimb Posts: 5Subscriber
    David, great to play with you and I really enjoyed our chat after the game. I will stay in touch.
    All the best, Onalimb
    PocketAceTrader782 said:
    Ha Dave. When I was in town a few months ago. I was trying to get in a game with you or Bart so I can make those exact plays. But, then I realized: Poker is not about ego. My win rate is not going to get any better because I can tell my friends that I bluffed BH or DT.

Anyway, kind of off topic there. I digress. Great Video. Keep up the good work. When you had the 66s in the beginning of the video did your opponent show? Did he have AK?

Carmine
    Still always fun to pull off a good bluff against a friend ;)

He didn't show, but claims to have called me with AK.

And thanks!!!
    edited April 2015
    Onalimb said:
    David, great to play with you and I really enjoyed our chat after the game. I will stay in touch.
    All the best, Onalimb
    Right back at ya! give me a shout the next time you're in town.

btw, I'm still curious, what did you fold on the river? when I called the guys all in with 43? ...do you remember?

Yes I do remember, same hand: 43.

BTW, later that moring, before I flew out, I went to Commerce and played 5/10 for 3 hours- surprisingly soft game. Was able to stack this older woman from OP, flopping a straight to her set on a rainbow board, by inducing with a min bet check raise on flop and small weakish donk bet on turn. Her large raise made getting stacks in easy. Must say the 10/10 at Parx (esp in AM) is much, much tougher, regs there give very little away and are mostly strong, thinking players. 2/5 game though is much easier, either nits or lags and very obvious.
    BTW, in hand where you "value owned" yourself, were you on a draw that bricked out or was it a pure play against a site stereotype read that I was a weak/passive player based on my age/appearance? I thought the later all the way so an easy call- through for value.
    I picked up a draw on the turn and thought you might be taking one off with a weak King or mid pair. But, your read was spot on...I don't think I try the triple barrel unless I had that read on you.
  • chris_9090chris_9090 Posts: 101Subscriber
    edited June 2015
    Hello David,
    1st Hand :3Q9Tr u said that if u check turn , u are c/c .What do u think of villains betting range ott if we check with JJ ? Are we calling solely to hit (what seems to be at best 10 outs) and without good implied odds(every hand that improves us is a scarecard) or you think he can vbet worse ? I think this play is better when a facing a good reg that is capable of floating dry flops and vbetting thin and not vs recs
    2nd Hand : 3T52T do u agree with hero's sizing otr (350 into 510) and why ? As played do u think that there is more than 10% conditional probability that villain is betting turn , calling raise and raise shoving for 140 more with Tx ?