Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Good call?

kdogmc Posts: 100Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I have 500. Villain like 280
There is a 15 dollar Mississippi straddle.

Sb calls

I am in the BB blind with AQo. I raise 55.

It folds around to sb and he calls 55.

He says he checks in the dark. I say I blind bet 75.

Flop 439 two spades. I don't have a spade.

He shoves. Pot is 260 + 150 to call. I think he has a flush draw. Does that even matter? I call. Good / bad ?

If he does have a flush draw I'm behind actually.

Comments

• Arenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    Bad call. He is short and called a $55 bet from the SB, oop. The best you can hope for is either a draw or an underpair.
  • Gordon806 Posts: 59Member
    Bad call and why r you blind betting? With no info on villian he could have anything, basically much more than a flush draw....Even if you were priced in why are you doing this with A-high and no draw?
  • wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
    OK. well blind anything I think is stupid but the fact that you said that should tell him I have a high pair. With him knowing this and still shoving its an easy fold. Plus if he's putting in 1/4 of his stack in preflop he has a premium hand. Its not like hes deep.
  • Mike Posts: 371Member
    bad call worse bet

cbetting against a stack like his and how he played the hand is pretty much bad all the time without a pair.
  • kdogmc Posts: 100Subscriber
    Thanks for the posts.

I agree. I should not have bet blind. I put him on a flush draw which he had and he hit.

I still think my play was bad. And I appreciate the criticism . I wasn't thinking about how short stacked he was.
  • OminousCowOminousCow Posts: 702Subscriber
    The blind bet is not a good play; it lets him play perfectly against you on the flop when he only has one decision to make.

Whether or not to call is another question. You are getting very good odds from the pot and only need 27% equity to call so you are probably priced in as long as he has a good chunk of draws in his range. For instance, you are 28% against 55-JJ and Asxs.

You are definitely not making a ton of money on the call though and should probably fold if you are prone to tilting after losing a hand like this.
  • jmc Posts: 58Member
    kdogmc said

I have 500. Villain like 280
    There is a 15 dollar Mississippi straddle.

Sb calls

I am in the BB blind with AQo. I raise 55.

It folds around to sb and he calls 55.

He says he checks in the dark. I say I blind bet 75.

Flop 439 two spades. I don't have a spade.

He shoves. Pot is 260 + 150 to call. I think he has a flush draw. Does that even matter? I call. Good / bad ?

If he does have a flush draw I'm behind actually.
    Wait a sec....
    Effective stacks are $280 before the flop.

You bet $55 and he called => pot is $110
    On the flop, you bet $75 and he shoved for (280-55) = $225.

$110 + 75 + 225 = 410

Pot is $410 and it's $150 to call. You're getting about the right odds even if he has something like TT.