Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

River Play

wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 422Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Ok. So this hand isnt THAT instresting but the I saved this for review since I tanked on calling this river than was shocked to see the villian bet so thin. Is his bet too thin? Should I fold the river? Since he didn't seem very good I put him on a polarized river betting range and obviously I was wrong but funny thing is his bet was thin and correct on the river. Or was it?

Merge, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP3: $41 (41 bb)
CO: $81.83 (81.8 bb)
BTN: $46.51 (46.5 bb)
SB: $39 (39 bb)
BB: $92.49 (92.5 bb)
UTG+2: $82.57 (82.6 bb)
Hero (MP1): $100.17 (100.2 bb)
MP2: $62.50 (62.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9s Ts
UTG+2 folds, Hero calls $1, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1, CO folds, BTN raises to $5, SB folds, BB calls $4, Hero calls $4, MP3 folds

Flop: ($16.50) Qs 7h 5c (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($16.50) 9h (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $11, BTN calls $11, BB folds

River: ($38.50) Jd (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $15, Hero calls $15

Results: $68.50 pot ($3 rake)
Final Board: Qs 7h 5c 9h Jd
BTN showed 8c Js and won $65.50 ($34.50 net)
Hero showed 9s Ts and lost (-$31 net)

Comments

• bobo1384 Posts: 145Subscriber
    I dont like open limping in online cash games, would prefer a raise if you are going to play.

flop is fine,turn is fine,

I would rather bet/fold river than check/call. Only because bet/folding might get a fold from better 9's and TT. Also without information there is no guarantee he is betting missed straight draws if we are check/calling. I dont hate check/folding either even though it seems weakish.
  • Mike Posts: 371Member
    dont limp. Fold to the raise.

as played why do you check the river? Is it to induce a bluff? if so call.

bet folding is much better. And his bet isnt too thin since your hand looks exactly like what it is. It looks like a 9 almost all the time.

My advice would be to find a starting hand chart somewhere and play off that. Playing all these shit hands for raises OOP is killing you.

and move down. Play 25nl untill you can beat that over 50k hands or something then move up.