Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

I love playing short

TDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
Especially at a deep stacked table. I hardly ever have tough decision and deep stacked villains make plenty of gross mistakes vs a shortstacker.

Comments

• fishcake Posts: 954Subscriber
    Deep stacked players make even more mistakes vs. other deep stacked players.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,917AdministratorLeadPro
    TDF said:
    Especially at a deep stacked table. I hardly ever have tough decision and deep stacked villains make plenty of gross mistakes vs a shortstacker.
    Although everything above is true TDF you can't deny that playing deeper leads to a high winrate. Which is why in the real world you never see any decent live shortstackers. Only time "professional" shortstackers appear is across 30 tables online at the microstakes.

Bart
  • TDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    Bart said:
    Although everything above is true TDF
    Thank you Bart, I appreciate your kind words.
    you can't deny that playing deeper leads to a high winrate.
    You right, I can't deny that. But I can try to improve that by saying "playing deeper usually leads to higher winrate vs bad players. Playing short vs experienced deep stacked players might be more profitable. "

Which is why in the real world you never see any decent live shortstackers.
    it's pretty rare to see decent live deep stacked player as well.

Only time "professional" shortstackers appear is across 30 tables online at the microstakes.
    Vast majority of my play is 100BB capped games. Which is a short game live when PF raise is 4x - 10x. So if I'm playing it most of the time I'd better love it :). But when I get the chance to sit in a deep stacked 5/10 I'd rather not to buy in for $3000 as everybody else, cause it puts me at disadvantage vs more experienced deep stackers. I'd rather buy in for $500 and get huge advantage over them.

Bart
    Thanks, Bart. Appreciate your feedback.
  • CajunDragonCajunDragon Posts: 173Member
    My mindset has switched from the TDF view to Barts way of thinking. I really enjoy playing when I have implied odds, a low spr, and all the tools available to me. Last night I'm in a game at Mandalay Bay. I have 44.. I call an UTG $8 raise and then LP 3-bets to $30.. He only has $290 behind. I fold there is another caller and the board comes 4Q5ss .. 2 people proceed to get all their money in and I'm just sitting there pissed off that the 3-better was too short for me to get the implied odds to call. Stacking over pairs with a set is so much fun!

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,086Subscriber
    CajunDragon said:
    My mindset has switched from the TDF view to Barts way of thinking. I really enjoy playing when I have implied odds, a low spr, and all the tools available to me. Last night I'm in a game at Mandalay Bay. I have 44.. I call an UTG $8 raise and then LP 3-bets to $30.. He only has $290 behind. I fold there is another caller and the board comes 4Q5ss .. 2 people proceed to get all their money in and I'm just sitting there pissed off that the 3-better was too short for me to get the implied odds to call. Stacking over pairs with a set is so much fun!

you meant high spr???
  • JT00 Posts: 193Subscriber
    TDF said:

Vast majority of my play is 100BB capped games. Which is a short game live when PF raise is 4x - 10x. So if I'm playing it most of the time I'd better love it :). But when I get the chance to sit in a deep stacked 5/10 I'd rather not to buy in for $3000 as everybody else, cause it puts me at disadvantage vs more experienced deep stackers. I'd rather buy in for $500 and get huge advantage over them.
    The only time I won't buy in full is if the 5/10 game (500-2500cap) has several bad players that normally play 3/5 sitting on 500-1000 and several good regs sitting on 2k+. In that spot I'll buy in for 1000 and cover the bad players, but not put myself in tough spots against the regs.
  • boredoo Posts: 223Subscriber
    I usually follow Limon's tip of buying in to cover the mark at the table. My room runs 1/2 300 cap and only rarely bigger games (once a week, one table). Sometimes the weekday games have a lot of good tough aggressive players who I'm not looking to play big pots against, so I'll buy in for 100-150. If there's a spot at the table who is deep I'll buy in 300 straight away. If I'm not sure I'll buy in 150-200 and top up when I start to figure things out a bit.

I prefer deep play when I know people will make costly mistakes.
    by 1TDF