Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

PLO: Fire the Third Barrel?

High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
Hero has an aggressive winning image. Both opponents are level 1 thinkers, loose pre-flop, and generally straightforward post flop. HJ is fairly weak tight.

Hero in BB with A97c6c

4way flop ($20) 9c 5h 4s. SB checks. Hero bets $20. UTG and HJ call.

Turn ($80) 9c 5h 4s 2c. Hero pots $80. UTG and HJ call.

River ($320) 9c 5h 4s 2c 5d. UTG has $500 left and HJ $300 left. Hero covers and (?)

Comments

• AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited April 2015
    Check. Trying to get level 1 thinkers to fold boats is obviously not gonna happen, and turning your hand into a bluff targets specifically TT/JJ/QQ/KK which there just aren't that many combos that are going to continue on the turn since their sidecards would have to be relevant as well. 5xxx is a tossup
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    edited April 2015
    ^ I agree that I don't think they would ever fold a boat. However, I guess I'm wondering how many boats do they have in there range on this river. I would expect a set to have raised earlier in the hand. But, two pair with a 5 that made a boat is a def possibility.

Meanwhile, I've been aggressive the entire hand, and while they arent doing range analysis, they should notice that.
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    I don't know, I think A9 has enough showdown value that you don't need to turn it into a bluff. You're never getting trip 5s to fold, and other than that, A9 is pretty much the nuts.

What do you think about a small bet, like 1/3 pot sized, to squeak out value from worse 9's?
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    i don't really think you can triple barrel into 2 players on a straight-possible board to hope to get called by top pair