Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

3nd FH facing a re-raise on river what do you do

MrFizzbinMrFizzbin Posts: 356Subscriber
edited April 2015 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
1/2 NL HE
Effective stacks are 450 (villain has us covered by 300)

7 limp board is 3 6 3

Hero has 4 4 and is in the cutoff. villain in sb leads 10 4 callers including hero.
turn is a 5 checked around
river is a 4 Checked to hero hero bets pot, villain min raises, what do you do ?

Comments

• ACK Posts: 428Subscriber
    edited April 2015
    Raise again. Villain can have 34, 35, 36, 7x.

Let's be conservative and assume he has a full house, you only lose to 33 (1), 55 (3), 66 (3) which is 7 combos but you beat 34 (2), 35 (6), 36 (6) which is 14 combos. Yes I give him all off suited hands in SB in a 7 way limped pot but maybe you can discount a couple if he is a better player.

I would raise big.

Also, I think the flop call is a bit optimistic drawing to 2 outs.
  • MrFizzbinMrFizzbin Posts: 356Subscriber
    ACK said:

Also, I think the flop call is a bit optimistic drawing to 2 outs.
    Who says I'm behind fwiw a raise fold on the flop might have been smarter.

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    River is just a call. Yes, you probably are ahead of full houses, but any 2 or 7 is a straight flush, adding more combos you lose to, and making it harder to get value from worse.

I also agree that the overcall on the flop is a little light. Do you think that no one has 3x, 6x, OR overpairs? You're drawing to two outs...
    dpbuck said:
    River is just a call. Yes, you probably are ahead of full houses, but any 2 or 7 is a straight flush, adding more combos you lose to, and making it harder to get value from worse.

I also agree that the overcall on the flop is a little light. Do you think that no one has 3x, 6x, OR overpairs? You're drawing to two outs...
    Dude the 4 is in my hand...
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    Yeah. I'm an idiot...
    edited April 2015
    You think one person is betting the flop and two people are calling and no one has a 3 or a 6 or a higher PP? Yes, you are drawing to two outs 98% of the time.
    ...and if by a small chance you are ahead they will have a combined 20 outs against you.
    You guys understand we're at the river there are no more cards. I'm facing a min re-raise with a strong hand
    ACK said:
    You think one person is betting the flop and two people are calling and no one has a 3 or a 6 or a higher PP? Yes, you are drawing to two outs 98% of the time.
    Or they have straight draw, or flush draw and trying to rep something they don't have.. Most people w. Pairs above 6's raise especially late in position preflop. Most limps are suited high low, any betting on the turn and I'd be done. There are 2 specific hands that kill me all the rest might double me up if I hit.
    Okay mate. Just trying to help you.
    by 1Oneup
    edited April 2015
    ACK said:
    It's 10 into a 54 pot. I'm getting 5:1 your advice is to fold I get that, but I'm thinking I'm getting 5:1

So your final answer is facing that bet you would fold on the river? Or you wouldn't be in the pot at that point so it's moot.
    edited April 2015
    5:1 isn't worth it for me for a two outer. I just think it's going to be really, really hard to win the pot if you don't hit a 4.

On river I would,
    ACK said:

Let's be conservative and assume he has a full house, you only lose to 33 (1), 55 (3), 66 (3) which is 7 combos but you beat 34 (2), 35 (6), 36 (6) which is 14 combos. Yes I give him all off suited hands in SB in a 7 way limped pot but maybe you can discount a couple if he is a better player.

I would raise big.

ACK said:
    5:1 isn't worth it for me for a two outer. I just think it's going to be really, really hard to win the pot if you don't hit a 4.

I would raise big.
    I agree, that I need the 4 to win. But I'm getting the odds to draw at that 4.

When the 5 come that adds whopping 2 more outs. And if there had been a turn bet that was worse than the drawing odds I would have folded.

So here's what I did....

Spoiler:

I shoved for the whole thing, villain snap called and said flush....
    Then showed 3 3 for quads after I flipped over my fh. he was a guy that loves to slowroll..
    edited April 2015
    Bad luck mate. I think shoving is a good play if he is completing SB wide.