Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Under the Gun Podcast No.7: Matt Matros

BartBart Posts: 5,995AdministratorLeadPro
edited April 2015 in Under the Gun podcast
Tuck discusses poker, strategy and balance with three-time WSOP bracelet winner, the philosophical poker player, Matt Matros.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/matt-matros-is-under-the-gun

Tagged:

Comments

• Gman88 Posts: 7Subscriber
    Good podcast. I got some value out of the last bit where you analyzed those two hands and gave your breakdown.
  • nickdevo1 Posts: 163Subscriber
    Funny Matt Matros story, I was playing a 400 buy-in deep-stacks tourney at Borgota last November with about 150 players. It was a tune up for their next Open and several pros were in the game, as well as plenty of amateurs, James Woods, etc.
    We are down to 4 tables and I'm moved to the left of this geeky looking guy that keeps talking about how he was disappointed because he had come down to play the heads-up tournament but they had capped the game at 64 and he missed out. I had no idea who he was but I study the game and have a subscription to Card Player magazine and CLP.
    This geek is opening lots of pots, 3-betting and 4-betting, c-betting like 100% and I am to his left getting absolutely run over. I 3-bet nines against him, he calls, and then he leads out on a board with 2 overs, and I fold.
    So I start explaining to him how he shouldn't bet in to the 3-better and he should be more careful because full-ring poker is very different than heads-up poker.
    He is very nice, takes in all of my feedback, and just keeps doing his thing, being very active, etc. and looking like a geek with glasses.
    Later, we are down to two tables, and the geek is there, as well as Greg Raymer and a couple of lame Borgota pros. I have a medium-sized stack and decide to check the blog to see if I'm mentioned, and they have a picture of the gut with glasses, Matt Matros.
    And I'm like, darn, I know that name, but wasn't sure from where. Later he knocks me out at around 12th place, when I open Q-8 suited all-in from the button and he calls with A-7 os from the SB. He immediately hops out of his seat, comes over, shakes my hand, and tells me good game.
    When I got home the next day, I start reading the new issue of Card Player magazine, and I see an article by Matt Matros. LOL, and I was telling him how to play NLHE. And he never said a word, just smiled and went along. He's truly a Pro, he took all of my chips and left me with a feeling of boy, what a nice guy.
  • DavidTuchman Posts: 789Pro
    ^^^^ Great story!!!