Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

deepstack bigo

1/1 big o. 4$ straddle. Hero in utg straddle with ac2c89t. Main Villain stack 1000 plus. Hero only one at table thst covers. (been grinding for ten hours hehe) don't remember pre flop action, at the end there's three all in, main pot about 400, and about an 180 side pot. Only side action is hero and main Villan. Flop kc7c6h. I smashed the flop and want another side pot so I bet 100. Villain has about 850 left. He pots it. The only hand I'm even worried about is a23kk wich has got to be top 2% of hands Villan shows up with. Do we ever want to flip for 800 plus bb? or do we fist pump call off? Was a little shocked he took that line. Villan is Def know to spaz out with big pots.

Comments

• ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    edited May 2015
    This hand is really crappy and i am likely to limp fold to any heat. Pre or otherwise. On that flop i am not sure why you are sticking around. You have no backdoor flush. Your mini wrap could be total crap and you are very likely chopping low with no low counterfeit protection. Not to mention you could hit and still lose to flush. Fold fold fold

Recipe for getting scooped and quatered. Exactly what you dont want in a big bet game.

• chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Wendy -
    Check OP. He has NFD, NLD, and nut wrap.

I think its time to gamble here after we get to the flop. Yes , we don't have counterfeit protection but we are so nutted on our draws , we can have the whole field in bad shape here.
    Sorry. I thought it was hearts not clubs.
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    Lol Wendy. Yes, stick it in. That's not a "mini-wrap" it's the nut wrap. And the NFD. And the NLD with emergency back-up.

Hell yeah stick in the moniezzzz! These spots don't come up every day. If villain has top set, like you said he'd have to have all 5 cards working in order to have you in rough shape, and even when you're in "rough shape" you still have tons of nut outs.
    Also in a pot that is multi way pre I would think that some of the aces and deuces are accounted for making it less likely to get counterfeited on the low.

Btw : I played o8 recently with a couple of dolts who kept saying their low draw got "compromised" not counterfeited. Kinda funny. But I didn't dare correct them. :)
    I am flying across country and I wasnt paying close enough attention.. my bad..

ww
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    Ok, forgiveness for being distracted and trying to get your baller first class upgrade. :cool:

What about the folding this hand pre Wendy? You're seriously limp/folding this hand? Like to one raise? I'm playing this hand VERY often, always if I'm only facing a single raise, and always from the straddle as my hand will be under-repped from the straddle. The OP has A2 and a nut suit. I'm not continuing on all flops, but I am seeing the flop as often as possible with this hand.
    Deep no id call a single raise. But it it goes raise pot then im folding.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
    edited May 2015
    I doubt that this is a single raised pot if three people are all in. I am kind of with Wendy here I am probably folding preflop to a raise 3 bet, 4 bet all-In etc etc. Looks like we are out of position from the main villain in the hand so after Hero called preflop in straddle villain did not re raise preflop? If raising is opened back up another reason to fold pre. 89t is just so bad in Big O and even with one nut suit I want wheel backup. But obviously if we get to this point we should probably pile it in. Although I like an upfront pot bet to increase fold equity just in case guy on the side pot has a hand like A23QQ no suits, something like that.

Bart
  • eyehaityou Posts: 288Member
    I'm playing a 1400 bb stack in a 200 bb cap game. I'm comfortable playing any hand vs any Villan in any position in this lineup. I understand this is not a monster hand pre flop and I wasn't driving the action, pretty much just letting the monkeys throw there poo and decided to call a small part of my stack into a four way all in. My main question is still in a spot like this where we may be in as close to a 50/50 spot as your going to get in big o is a good player Ever calling here and flipping for 800 plus bb. Or do we just cut our losses and let it go. I tanked for a bit and my thinking was more about putting most of my stack at risk and trying to understand what Villan was trying to accomplish here
    Spoiler:
    (Villan w 23kkt)I ended up calling off and ran it twice on the side with main Villan. We chopped up everyone else's money on the first board when he filled up on the turn, low card on river. and I scooped the second board to quarter him up
  • BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
    edited May 2015
    You can't fold postflop, that's clear.

However, I still want to know exactly what happened preflop because to me something doesn't add up.

As played, I would drive the action first to act on the side.

But I'm still confused by your position preflop and the fact that the villain in the hand has just called your preflop overcall after multiple all-ins.

Bart
    Ok. I'll try to remember. seat one main Villain button. Very aggro. Max bought less than an hour ago and has run it up 1k or more. Was all in literally first hand he played seat two sb. Terrible bought it for 50 or so and is just looking to double up. Seat three bb irrelevant. Seat four hero in utg straddle. Cover table 1400 or so. Been playing and straddling twice a round for ten hours plus. Started game and only one left from beginning. Seat 5 empty. Seat six terrible. 90 stack. Seat 7. Went on a god run early but has since given it all back. I've been scooping and quartering him for last four reloads. 100. Seat 8 nlhm player terrible scooped his last two buy ins. 120or so. I think everyone limped and I raised straddle like usual. 20 or 30. Seat six shipped it, seat 7 shipped it, seat 8 shipped it, seat 1 called, seat two shipped or folded, seat three folded. I flat. Everyone has rags. No one's limping even a2xxx or aaxxx here. Like I said monkeys throwing poo. At the end there's a main pot and one small side pot. Post flop i bet around 100 could have been 80 trying to build another side pot with main Villain. Then he potted it. He had 814 behind at this point. (my three quarters was 407)
  • Golfer2013 Posts: 51Subscriber
    According to the OP there's a 400 main pot and a 180 side pot and he bets 100 into villian who essentially matches the 100 (780 total pot) and raises 700 more for a 1480 pot with hero having to call 700 for a total pot of 2180. 700/2180 = 32% equity needed. Seems like a fist pump call. Don't think of it as "flipping" for 800bbs. Think of it as protecting your equity in the pot.

There is probably no Big O hand you could be shown that should make you fold this flop. A simple cardplayer plo8 odds check says A2KK vs Ac2c89 on that flop is 45/55 in favor of KK. I imagine you can't be worse than 63/37 in Big O and the only way you are in that bad of a shape is if your opponent has exactly A23KK with club blockers. Both of you are getting an overlay based on the preflop callers.
  • FreeLunch Posts: 1,308Pro
    eyehaityou said:
    I'm playing a 1400 bb stack in a 200 bb cap game. I'm comfortable playing any hand vs any Villan in any position in this lineup.
    That mindset seems like an invitation to get killed at big o. Obv you hit a great board but that does not mean you can profitable play crap hands in any big o game. I hate the game because the nits will always take all the money.

If the players are really really horrible then calling any suited A2 could be profitable I really dont know.. but raising this hand is just a disaster.. you got a perfect flop.. change the 6 to a 9 and now you are not drawing to the nut straight ..

I have had some heated arguments...I mean discussions with readmylips about how nitty you really need to play in BigO .. you can really get it in as a huge favorite why put yourself in a situation where you can so easily be quartered or scooped?

My impression is that the OP knows that he needs to proceed with caution with a 1 way hand post flop. But felt comfortable getting away from just a low draw or just a naked high draw. Based on the preflop action , I'm not loving my hand before the flop hits , but after the flop , ship the monies.

Kind of unbelievable that nobody else who was already all in had A2xxx. Seriously. Wtf. Where is this berry patch ?
    Like I said none of these players are flatting with even a naked a2xxx. If main Villain would have reraise pre I doubt I would have called. A3 was the best low I saw at showdown. I was pretty much just playing this hand fit or fold. Just had a hard time calling off here for 800 bb. If I literally hadn't flopped the world I'm letting it go. As played I got it in with best low draw and 50/50 high draw. I play with some of these guys weekly and choose not to nit it up all the time. There are a few regs that tag it consistently and there variance is lower than mine. There win rate my be higher too. I don't really know. There not much fun unless I'm playing crack a nit.