Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Call-Ins No.36: Live Intangibles And Downswings With Aesah

Don "Aesah" Ding takes over the mic, and takes calls regarding live intangibles, downswings, and a few hand history reviews

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/live-intangibles-and-downswings-with-aesah
Tagged:

Comments

• PokerMentorXLIX Posts: 162Subscriber
    Wow some of the best call in guests ever on this show!!!
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    What you and your wife? Lol. I figured it was you. Didnt seem like don played along too well though. Ha ha
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    it's only because i had someone on fake-hold at the time, otherwise i would have chatted with her longer
  • TastesLikeBurning Posts: 429SubscriberProfessional
    Aesah said:
    it's only because i had someone on fake-hold at the time, otherwise i would have chatted with her longer
    I'm shocked and chagrined, Don Ding. That was ME on fake-hold!!!!
  • PocketAceTrader782 Posts: 439Subscriber
    "You guys should call in next week and ask Bart if you need help with waitresses" lol
  • johnpoker Posts: 30Subscriber
    Dong Ding,

Have a few questions for you in regards to your podcast:

1. Around the 34 minute mark you talk about changing the "way you play" (higher winrate) to a more balanced poker theory way due to your downswing. Please explain what is the "way you play" that brings higher winrates when compared to a balanced poker theory way? And can you give some NL examples?

2. Arent we supposed to be balanced as poker players so we don't become exploitable? And what do you to not be exploitable if you are unbalanced?

Thanks, great show by the way.
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    We're NOT supposed to play balanced in most ways, we're supposed to play exploitively because most villains don't play at a high enough level to adjust to our play and exploit us back.
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    Sick trolls at the beginning of the show lol. Why do you think people don't troll @Bart?
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    1. example: betting $100 as a bluff in a spot because that's the sizing I would pick for value

2. no lol. literally 0 fucks given about being exploitable
  • PokerMentorXLIX Posts: 162Subscriber
    reedmylips said:
    Sick trolls at the beginning of the show lol. Why do you think people don't troll @Bart?
    Bart doesn't appreciate a quality troll. It's like giving a fine cigar to a guy who doesn't know how to light it. LoL But seriously Bart's show is too serious trolling his show would just decrease the value of it.

Hopefully we get another Don Ding call in show. I need to discuss why he owns me in PLO. And how come he loves to donate to bluff catching old men.
  • TastesLikeBurning Posts: 429SubscriberProfessional
    PocketAceTrader782 said:
    "You guys should call in next week and ask Bart if you need help with waitresses" lol
    "Just like having stories about talking to waitresses, you need to have a believable story when bluffing at the poker table."

Lost. My. Shit.