Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

overplayed? bigo

Main Villain is one of only a couple pros I play with regularly. Tag. This is the smallest game he plays. Very capable of making moves, ect when deep in a hand,ie can outplay me. 1/2 bigo 5$ straddle. Villan effective stack 540. Hero covers. Hero in bb with suited a2489. Raised pre to 12$, several callers, hero calls. (pot around 60)Flop 356r. I don't lead out, trying for a check raise. Checks through to Villan who pots, I repop it to 250$ before his chips are in and everyone else insta mucks. overplayed here? Should I ever be flatting and seeing a turn? I obviously want to fold out any naked a2 which a call won't do. (got one to fold btw)I'm planning on jamming any turn card. Villain tanked and talked a bit to himself before calling. Turn was a 2. I jam and get quartered by a47xx. Don't really see any other way this hand plays out. Let me know if you play it differently.

Comments

• reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    I think you played it fine. You flop the second nut high and the nut low, I like the flop c/r trying to fold out/get value from naked A2. However, if villain is a pro, is he potting into 4 other players with naked A2?
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    Seems like you got it in good then got 3-outered, can't be too bad. You're really only a dog to a specific 4-card combo in a 5 card game so I wouldn't worry about it
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    reedmylips said:
    I think you played it fine. You flops the second nut high and the nut low, I like the flop c/r trying to fold out/get value from naked A2. However, if villain is a pro, is he potting into 4 other players with naked A2?
    Yeah , nice hand. Villain can have 2 pair + low , or pair+oesd+NL.

• eyehaityou Posts: 292Member
    Reed,
    I think it's possible he was making a play w a set, straight, or nl+ after it checks through everyone. I had already decided on raising so I really didn't put too much thought into ranging him before my action. While he was tanking I decided I was barreling any turn card. He's not tanking w a247x which is the only hand I'm crushed by. The duce was unfortunate but I think any board pair, 4, or 7 I can get him off the hand. Rest of the deck were probably just chopping