Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Play this different bigo

eyehaityou Posts: 292Member
Hero on button w straddle 550$ 1/1$
Villan 1 sb. Super tight/super aggressive when enters a hand 300$
Villan 2 not horrible,not great either 450$
Villan 3 a little above Villan 2 covers table.
Hero suited ac2c889, Villan 1 raise to 12, all call. (51$)Flop 4s6d8s. Villan1 pots, other Villans flat. Hero? Villan 1 is comitting his stack here, other players may be unaware. He's going to barrel any turn.I've played with him alot, Aa23k ect. Nl/straight, nfd ect. Super wet board obviously. I don't want to flat for two reasons. 1 might have a hard time getting stacks in if I don't do something here and 2 I expect a board pair to kill my action. Players aren't going to chase/call flush, straight if board pairs. if I do flat I could use Villan1 turn bet as a springboard however, so I might be able to get it in on turn. I'm guessing I'm up against at least one nl, the nfd, a made straight/wrap. Ideas?

Comments

• FreeLunch Posts: 1,309Pro
    I dont play bigo often so Im answering more to find out what better players think.

I would have folded that hand pre for exactly the reason you posted this hand - flopping a monster with it puts you in a tough situation.

I played around with propoker tools and the results fit my gut predictions. If you raise but get headsup vs a hand like A235 you are a dog. If you just flat and go against something like ac2c889, a2xxx, As7sxxx - you have almost the same equity as the headsup case and if they both put more money in then you have simiar equity in a larger pot.

If it gets checked around then there are a lot of cards that are really bad for you and you could find a fold to action on the turn.

So as played I think check call evaluate.

• eyehaityou Posts: 292Member
    This pots never going heads up. If it was it's an easy raise. My hand here is roughly 37% vs a2xxx,as2s345,579tj. Which is where I think I'm at. I don't think a2579 is in there with no reraise unless it's Villan1. I think I want to play this for stacks on the flop because filling up is going to kill my action vs FD straights. I'm marginally ahead.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,086Subscriber
    I might call hoping for a really really good flop and only because you are nutted in clubs. On this flop you have nut low draw and top set.. why are you asking what to do??? repot..

you need to shovel money in this spot.. you are likely up against another A2.. and a flush draw straight draw possible..

Now you can see why playing only A2 with crap middle cards is so bad in bigO.. you flop a monster and I bet you are not that far ahead in equity against the range I listed..

Why???

1) You have no backup to nut low counterfeit protection

2) against a low wrap flush draw you are either behind or flipping..

I keep saying this over and over again.. BigO is about being a nit.. nitty players make the most money by a big factor..

If you arent willing to just get the money in on this flop then why are you playing this hand?????

ww
  • BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    Even against a made straight/wrap, another A2 and the nut flush draw you're still way ahead. If they aren't folding now but will fold on board pairs, GII now.

Board - 4 6 8

PLAYER_1 A 2 889
    PLAYER_2 AA2
    PLAYER_3 A 3
    PLAYER_4 579

All-in Equity

• chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    I'm with Wendy on this. No time to play cautiously after you connect so strongly. Get the chips in. The only reason to take it slow is if u think u can fold on flush / 1 liner / 2 / A turn cards.
    I was just curious how someone else would play in this spot. I min raised, Villan 1 shoved, Villan 2 shoved, Villan 3 called, I jammed over the top. That's what I wanted. Just checking my thinking here is all.
    edited May 2015
    Spoiler:
    Villan1 aa2xx, v2 579jx,v3 as2s345 brick brick, big loser here haha
    eyehaityou said:
    I was just curious how someone else would play in this spot. I min raised, Villan 1 shoved, Villan 2 shoved, Villan 3 called, I jammed over the top. That's what I wanted. Just checking my thinking here is all.
    Lol.
    eyehaityou said:
    Spoiler:
    Villan1 aa2xx, v2 579jx,v3 as2s345 brick brick, big loser here haha
    But what was the turn and river?
    Don't remember, T 7os I think. nothing that changed anything. Freerolled straight held up for main high, low split three ways, and I got quartered in side pot by smaller straight. 1700 bb pot or so
    Did you change what was in the flop from yesterday? I don't remember there being a straight possible?

edited May 2015
    57 makes a straight. Low end was 34567. High end was 6789t. The 57 was good whole way though. Super wet board. Nl is there, FD is there, straight/wrap to bigger is there.
    hmm.. I could have sworn when you originally posted there wasnt a straight possible. if you are all really deep and there is a straight possible then I am not going to shovel money into the pot on the flop..

I like to get into situations when I am freerolling others.. when A2 is the nut low and I dont have the nut high but drawing to it I generally play more passively.. since I know I am drawing to the nuts and will most likely quarter the other person I want to try and get to the river fairly cheaply..

so considering the pot got to 1700bbs then I am going to be cautious when it looks like someone probably has the nut high.. I am not folding of course but I am not raising.. are you sure you didnt edit the flop after you originally posted???

so as the preflop police you see how tough a hand like this is in BigO.. change the hand a little with more redraws and you can play the hand faster..

ww
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    At least you admit that you are the BigO pre-flop police @Thehammah

:cool:
    I'd even go so far as to say the pre-flop S.S. :wink:
    reedmylips said:

Chris: " I dont want to be a nitty player like hammah" ha ha.. I am paraphrasing.. but I think that was the jist..

ww
    Thehammah said:
    reedmylips said:

Chris: " I dont want to be a nitty player like hammah" ha ha.. I am paraphrasing.. but I think that was the jist..

ww
    I concur with that statement. Although I don't like money very much.
  • BradleyT Posts: 621SubscriberProfessional
    Yeah but will she admit to misreading 63% of hand posts?
    BradleyT said:
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
    BradleyT said:
    I'll snap take the over...

Spoiler:
    :wink: