Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Beginner PLO Q - flop 3 pair

Dabbling in 5-5 PLO and found myself in spots, really not sure how to best proceed.

Raised AsKdQh2s over 1 limper in straddled pot to 50. 4 ways to the flop ($210).
Flop: AQ2 rainbow.
I bet $175, all fold. Pretty sure that not the right bet size. But I don't know what is. What's the best way to proceed?
Tagged:

Comments

  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    I think this is fine. In PLO you want to fold out gutshots and backdoor flush draws. In NL you might bet smallish with AQ to try to extract some value. In PLO you need to bet close to pot to disallow your opponents to realize their equity.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    edited May 2015
    I agree with Chris.. you could have bet maybe $150..but in reality you want to protect your equity in PLO ..

    btw if there was a flush draw on the flop not in your hand..ie not a flush draw that you were drawing to then I am betting pot.. no need to pussy around.. there are likely nut flush draws and if someone has a combo draw you really need to charge them.. but be prepared to fold if the flush hits and someone leads pot into you..

    ww
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited May 2015
    I would bet smaller for sure. The only hands that you could possibly give correct drawing odds to are exactly KJT or 345 which are both pretty unlikely.

    You're mainly trying to get called by Axxx hands (perhaps AK, perhaps with a gutshot)
  • High__Rolla Posts: 765Subscriber
    edited May 2015
    What are effective stacked sizes? And, do you have a back door flush draw? This can help play some turns.

    Depending on effective stack sizes, I would bet 110-130. It's a good situation in that you block all sets and you know which turn cards you don't want to see: K, J, T. ( I realize there are wheel cards, but these are much less likely to complete hands.) You don't mind a call from a hand like AKJx or AJTx or A2xx or KJTx.
  • ILYA Posts: 129Subscriber
    reedmylips said:
    I think this is fine. In PLO you want to fold out gutshots and backdoor flush draws. In NL you might bet smallish with AQ to try to extract some value. In PLO you need to bet close to pot to disallow your opponents to realize their equity.
    That is exactly what I was thinking..
  • ILYA Posts: 129Subscriber
    Aesah said:
    I would bet smaller for sure. The only hands that you could possibly give correct drawing odds to are exactly KJT or 345 which are both pretty unlikely.

    You're mainly trying to get called by Axxx hands (perhaps AK, perhaps with a gutshot)
    Alright. So how much would you suggest betting here? I'm looking for specifics that I can leverage in similar scenarios. Thanks
    Also, how do you think of the math behind this suggested bet size?
  • ILYA Posts: 129Subscriber
    High__Rolla said:
    What are effective stacked sizes? And, do you have a back door flush draw? This can help play some turns.

    Depending on effective stack sizes, I would bet 110-130. It's a good situation in that you block all sets and you know which turn cards you don't want to see: K, J, T. ( I realize there are wheel cards, but these are much less likely to complete hands.) You don't mind a call from a hand like AKJx or AJTx or A2xx or KJTx.
    Let's say $800 effective.
    I did not have a back door flush draw as I don't think Q on the flop was a spade, A and 2 are in my hand.
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    1/2 pot is a plenty to deny odds + small enough to get value I think

    Besides those 2 exact hands (which only have 9 outs anyways), the most outs someone can have is like AKJx for 7 outs which you could theoretically deny immediate odds by betting at least 1/4 pot, so I wouldn't be worried about giving people a good price.
Sign In or Register to comment.